Constantly Dying

ProfanityProfanity Banned
edited June 2011 in Site Support
Everyday, the website just doesn't open for me at least 4-5 times a day, not being able to connect to it. All the other sites are working fine.

Seems like a slim chance that the problem is on my end, but the fact that I haven't heard about this happening to anyone else makes me wonder.

What's up with that?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2011
    I think it's maintenance running at night in the Pacific Time Zone.
    I notice it every day roughly around 0:00 and around 6:00 PDT (UTC -7).
    That should be around 10:00 and 16:00 for your location.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited June 2011
    DjNDB wrote: »
    I think it's maintenance running at night in the Pacific Time Zone.
    I notice it every day roughly around 0:00 and around 6:00 PDT (UTC -7).
    That should be around 10:00 and 16:00 for your location.

Well if I check a lot, like once every 30 minutes, it's down at least half of the time.

It's down from 5 to maybe 15 minutes.
    edited June 2011
    Alright now, this is pretty weird. It's just been down for me for an hour, and I've asked a couple friends from America (I'm from Europe) to open up the telltale website, and it worked fine for them, yet it didn't for me.

I'm stumped.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm down in New Zealand and it opens about 50% of the time for me.
  • edited June 2011
    I usually just log on straight to the forums, and they occasionally come back with a 'database error' which I figure is due to server overload.

I'm expecting a major refresh of the website at the end of June, after the anniversary sale is over. I think Amy said something about a planned re-vamp of the store (at least) at that time.
    edited June 2011
    Alright, now I just tried entering the website via a proxy while it was down for me, and what do you know, it worked perfectly.

Now once again, what the hell?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Profanity wrote: »
    Alright, now I just tried entering the website via a proxy while it was down for me, and what do you know, it worked perfectly.

Now once again, what the hell?

I had that too a while ago, and tried to debug it.
    Does it work again after you reboot you computer?
    edited June 2011
    I had that too a while ago, and tried to debug it.
    Does it work again after you reboot you computer?

Well, I'm certainly not going to reboot my PC everytime Telltale's website decides to 404 on me.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Profanity wrote: »
    Well, I'm certainly not going to reboot my PC everytime Telltale's website decides to 404 on me.

That was not my point. I was just wondering if that temporarily fixes it for you too, in cases in which it still works via proxy.
    edited June 2011
    That was not my point. I was just wondering if that temporarily fixes it for you too, in cases in which it still works via proxy.

The thread you linked me seems exactly like the problem I'm having, though I'll try rebooting the next time it 404's.

No guarantee that it didn't just start working again by itself in the process of a reboot.
    edited June 2011
    Rebooting did help, I mean, I think IT did.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2011
    It's happening to me too right now, after a while without this problem.
    Proxy works, direct connection doesn't.
  • edited June 2011
    My website used to do this to me. For some reason the server I was using would randomly block my IP address. So I'd have to go in and remove it from time to time. Sometimes it did it it's self. Very annoying.
  • edited June 2011
    I get the same thing from time to time. Hopefully not today, since I'm about to go shopping.

Edit: Well, PayPal is down, so here we go...
This discussion has been closed.