Remake Jurassic Park and The Lost World (with Spielberg as Producer)

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Thanks, but no, thanks. I'd rather not see a remake.

This.
  • edited August 2011
    Remakes are a dumb idea most of the time. This is one of those times.
  • edited August 2011

11 days ago, the Facebook page had 151 fans.

Now it has 236 fans. Awesome.
    14 days since the above quote: The Facebook page has 400 fans now
  • edited August 2011
    Please DONT REMAKE THIS. Leave Jurassic Park alone, how many bloody times has Hollywood made remakes of movies and failed? I don't think its best if we give Jurassic Park the Hollywood Remake treatment.

I swear to god if Universal actually REMAKES Jurassic Park, I'll go on a rampage.
  • edited August 2011
    TO put in another opinon. There have been several remakes that I think weren't bad. It's just that people really like the original and just can't seem to enjoy the remakes no mater what they do.

I personally thought that the Nightmare on Elm Street remake was very enjoyable. I really liked it. I think it followed the original while making enougth changes to the story and updating the special effects to make it a worth while remake. Its a good movie. People just hate it because it's not the original.

But anyway. I still wouldn't mind a Jurassic Park reboot. I just want to see a closer adaptaion of the Novel, that's all.
  • edited August 2011
    A Jurassic Park remake... I'll pass on that but to each their own, if Universal thinks they can make money on remaking the JP movies then there isnt much thats going to stop them (short of going out of business)
  • edited August 2011
    if they were to indeed make a reboot they should have the visitor center like this.....movie-art-illustration-jurassic-park-visitors-center.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    if they were to indeed make a reboot they should have the visitor center like this.....movie-art-illustration-jurassic-park-visitors-center.jpg
    Awesome artwork, it looked good on the DVD too.

However, I don't want a remake, maybe 15-20 years from now, otherwise I don't see much of a point, for me it'd be like remaking Star Wars or Alien with new actors and everything. I'd still watch it, but I completely agree with jurassicraptor.
  • edited August 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    Awesome artwork, it looked good on the DVD too.

However, I don't want a remake, maybe 15-20 years from now, otherwise I don't see much of a point, for me it'd be like remaking Star Wars or Alien with new actors and everything. I'd still watch it, but I completely agree with jurassicraptor.

Exactly. I would like a remake, but not now, I mean maybe 20 or 30 years from now and one that is more closely adapted to the novel. But I don't get why people want to remake something just so we can get better picture and graphics.... respect the story and have a decent reason why the jurassic series should be remade.
  • edited August 2011
    I would like a remake, maybe , BUT, I would want remake to be NOVEL accurate, not some crappy remake of the first movie.

Like the feeling you get from watching the Peter Jackson version of King Kong. I want something that clearly defines itself, and sets itself apart from being just a simple "Remake" of a classic, and being it's own incredible cinematic journey to Isla Nublar.

If they were to be Novel accurate, even if it is a 3 1/2 hour movie, I think it would be a proper "remake".
  • edited August 2011
    I sincerely think that any reboot or remake is a terrible idea. All I really want is a theatrical re-release. Although, I don't think a little tampering would be too bad, maybe give it the Lucas treatment. Don't completely remake it just touch up the graphics and sound effects, hopefully convert it to 3D format and let us all enjoy it again in theaters. This time, in IMAX 3D. Win.
  • edited August 2011
    The first one was perfect, ok the dinosaur designs are now out-dated, but everything else was perfect. If I wanted a Jurassic Park that was closer to the novel I'd prefer it in graphic novel form so we could have an 'adult' version with plenty of blood and gore.

I do wish that 'The Lost World' was closer to the novel, as a kid I was really disappointed having read the novel first that the film was nothing to to do with the events of the novel!

So I'd hate a reboot, unless you kept the first one and remade the second to fit more with the novel. But still, it'd be pointless.
  • edited September 2011
    T002Tyrant wrote: »
    The first one was perfect, ok the dinosaur designs are now out-dated, but everything else was perfect. If I wanted a Jurassic Park that was closer to the novel I'd prefer it in graphic novel form so we could have an 'adult' version with plenty of blood and gore.

I do wish that 'The Lost World' was closer to the novel, as a kid I was really disappointed having read the novel first that the film was nothing to to do with the events of the novel!

So I'd hate a reboot, unless you kept the first one and remade the second to fit more with the novel. But still, it'd be pointless.

agreed.
  • edited September 2011
    No...no no no no no no NO!
    No remake on this!!...EVER!!! The movies are good enough as they are, so leave them alone!
  • edited September 2011
    I honestly wouldn't want it to happen with Spielberg having anything to do with it. Spielberg used to be a great film-maker, but nowadays, he's almost as bad as Lucas.
  • edited September 2011
    The best actor in my mind for Ian Malcolm is Jeremy Davies (Daniel Faraday from LOST). Could be that breakout role.
  • edited September 2011
    Sergman100 wrote: »
    The best actor in my mind for Ian Malcolm is Jeremy Davies (Daniel Faraday from LOST). Could be that breakout role.

no, I absolutely don't agree.
    but I think Michael Crichton himselft could've taken over Ian Malcolm's role!
    especially in his 40s (when he wrote Jurassic Park)
    Crichton+(photo).jpg
  • edited September 2011
    Sergman100 wrote: »

LOL? :rolleyes:
  • edited September 2011
    I don't know if this ever got posted but they are re-releasing the movie in theaters for a limited time... So I doubt a remake will be made when they just retouched the original film.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/jurassic-park-headed-back-to-cinemas---video/232595
  • edited September 2011
    anashastar wrote: »
    I don't know if this ever got posted but they are re-releasing the movie in theaters for a limited time... So I doubt a remake will be made when they just retouched the original film.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/jurassic-park-headed-back-to-cinemas---video/232595

Didn't Spielberg recently announce his plans/interest for a 3D conversion of both a Jaws and Jurassic Park re-release?
  • edited October 2011

Those people can't be true fans, why should we remake it? All the original actors won't be the same, leave JP alone. Look at what George Lucas did to Star Wars, all the remakes screwed up. Steven is too old to remake JP.
  • edited October 2011
    Those people can't be true fans, why should we remake it? All the original actors won't be the same, leave JP alone. Look at what George Lucas did to Star Wars, all the remakes screwed up. Steven is too old to remake JP.

Because some people care more about super-flashy CGI effects than they do story-telling and proper special effects. That's why Lucas has gotten away with destroying the original movies as long as he has.
  • edited October 2011
    Because some people care more about super-flashy CGI effects than they do story-telling and proper special effects. That's why Lucas has gotten away with destroying the original movies as long as he has.

It's not exactly like people have cherished the changes Lucas made/makes to Star Wars. He's gotten away with it because he owns it and he can do what he likes with it, as unfortunate and unjust as that is.
  • edited October 2011
    Well, luckily he didn't burn the original reels.:)
  • edited October 2011

You do know, a JP remake will have super flashy CGI effects?
  • edited October 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    It's not exactly like people have cherished the changes Lucas made/makes to Star Wars. He's gotten away with it because he owns it and he can do what he likes with it, as unfortunate and unjust as that is.

You'd be surprised. On one forum, there was someone who refused to buy the Blu-ray Star Wars set, but not because of the changes he made. He refused because he wanted the space battle scenes, specifically the Battle of Endor, completely replaced with CGI.

And yes Faceslasher, I know that. I said that in response to why anyone would want JP remade.
  • edited October 2011
    You'd be surprised. On one forum, there was someone who refused to buy the Blu-ray Star Wars set, but not because of the changes he made. He refused because he wanted the space battle scenes, specifically the Battle of Endor, completely replaced with CGI.

:eek:
  • edited November 2011

It's been 28 days since this quote, and the facebook page now has 918 fans. That makes 160 new fans in one month.

Nice.
  • edited November 2011
    Oh man this thread again, remaking JP would just kill Hollywood for me. Steven wont do it, good luck convincing him!
  • edited November 2011
    Wait... Why are we comparing Star Wars to Jurassic Park. If you want to compare it to anything compare it to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Was it based on a book? yes. Did it resemble the book? Somewhat, but ultimately not at all. Was there a remake? yes. Did it resemble the book? yes, extremely so. It's not that we want to remake the movie. We just want a movie based on the books. Completely different concept. There are lots of movies that need to be remade (Eragon), but Jurassic Park will be a classic and it doesn't necessarily need to be, but it would be interesting if it was with the right direction in mind.
  • edited November 2011
    Guys, this whole thing is a moot point. The next Jurassic Park is going to be Jurassic Park IV, not a remake.

Plus, I honestly don't want the Hammond from the books portrayed on-screen. He was a jerk. Even started cussing out his grandkids near the end.
  • edited November 2011
    In all honesty this is one of the worst ideas I have heard in a very long time. More remakes is the last thing that Hollywood needs. All we get now are sequels and remakes, especially during the summer months. This is one of the classic series in Hollywood. Asking for a remake for Jurassic park is like asking for a remake on Star Wars or Back to the Future. Some film series deserve to be left alone.

I for one am not worried about it as I know this is never going to happen, at least not for the next 20-30 years.

Just a terrible idea. Jurassic Park IV would be a possibility and a far better one at that.
  • edited November 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »

Unfortunate is one thing as that all comes down to subjective opinion but unjust? Its his work. If he wants to make changes to his films than that is his right. Some people act like they have a right to say what takes place with those films and no offense but that is nothing short of absurd. I am a photographer and I own the rights to every picture I take and if i want to make changes to my pictures than that is my right. Its no different for George's Star Wars films. If he wants to make changes than that is his right, regardless of what opinion people may have for such changes.

I actually prefer the original versions but I respect George even more for the stance he has taken in regards to his films. They are his films and he has the right to do whatever he wants to them, period.
  • edited November 2011
    I actually prefer the original versions but I respect George even more for the stance he has taken in regards to his films. They are his films and he has the right to do whatever he wants to them, period.

His stance is hypocritical. He gave a speech against altering films, and then he goes and does what he said was wrong.
  • edited November 2011
    Wait... Why are we comparing Star Wars to Jurassic Park. If you want to compare it to anything compare it to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Was it based on a book? yes. Did it resemble the book? Somewhat, but ultimately not at all. Was there a remake? yes. Did it resemble the book? yes, extremely so. It's not that we want to remake the movie. We just want a movie based on the books. Completely different concept. There are lots of movies that need to be remade (Eragon), but Jurassic Park will be a classic and it doesn't necessarily need to be, but it would be interesting if it was with the right direction in mind.

You can't base a movie on a book, not even Harry Potter was accurate to the book. Should we just remake every movie based on their books?

Please, I know I wanna see CGI shots every minute, cheap dinosaur models, and mediocre acting like you, but JP isn't the best film to remake.
  • edited November 2011
    You can't base a movie on a book, not even Harry Potter was accurate to the book. Should we just remake every movie based on their books?
    Actually, in all seriousness, I don't understand why film's aren't more closely adapted to their respective books. I don't see anything wrong with a film that's based on it's book, I actually support the idea. If it's done right it can turn out just as good as something that was an original idea.

Harry Potter may not have been accurate, but it certainly set out to accomplish that task and you have to admit the first 2 movies were almost identical to the books. No, Jurassic Park just sticks out in my mind because there was almost no attempt to use the material from the book. They could have at least used the same dinosaurs that were featured in the novel for the park. The novel dinos were much better choices than a wad of random therapods.
  • edited November 2011
    Why would Jurassic Park need to be remade? It's only 20 years old. We need to kick this remake addiction. Ask me in another 30 years .. maybe 50. Even then, nothing promises it will be as good.

I was open to a remake of the Day the Earth Stood Still, but it ended up being terrible.

Even then, I think we should respect the story. add to the universe but it doesn't need a flashy new version. Heck JP4 is in the works and some people are already planning on rebooting. What a joke.
  • edited November 2011

Harry Potter's a decent adaptation. Eragon, on the other hand, was terrible.
  • edited November 2011
    It's been 28 days since this quote, and the facebook page now has 918 fans. That makes 160 new fans in one month.

And now it's been 8 days since the above quote, and the page currently has 1,221 fans.

303 new fans in 8 days. Amazing.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.