Back to the Future ep. 5 won't start

edited July 2011 in Game Support
I downloaded episode 5 for PC; but when i tried to open it, I get a message that says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application. How should I fix this?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    RickH79 wrote: »
    I downloaded episode 5 for PC; but when i tried to open it, I get a message that says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application. How should I fix this?

I have the same problem :(
  • edited June 2011
    I have the exact same problem. Episodes 1-4 work fine, but Episode 5 gives this error. I tried reinstalling a bunch of .NET packages and C++ packages, but nothing worked.
  • edited June 2011
    I have found a temp workaround which let the game start (don't know if it's completely playable though).

Download another BTTF Episode and Copy all DLL Files from the "Episode X" folder (QTCore, QTGui, QTNetwork....) to your "Episode 5" Folder - overwrite the DLLs in this Folder.

Edit: Just finished the game - for me the workaround did work, maybe it'll help :)
  • edited June 2011
    My apologies, it looks like at some point between Ep4 and Ep5 our version of QT got flipped around. I've put together a new version of the installer; as soon as QA gives it a once-over it should be going live.
  • edited June 2011
    If you've been having this problem, go ahead and re-download the game. It should be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience! :)
  • edited June 2011
    Still having the problem; though I'm downloading via Steam
  • edited July 2011
    I don't know if the Steam version has been updated, but try verifying the game files.

And make sure you have all the Visual C + + 2005, 2008 and 2010 redistributables installed from Microsoft.
This discussion has been closed.