[BTTF] Ep. 5 crashes after expo / need savegame

edited June 2011 in Game Support
Hey guys,

I have a problem. As mentioned in the title of the thread, the game keeps crashing for me right after the expo when Doc and Marty turn around and see that Hillvalley is gone. I tried triggering the scene through alternate conversations with Emmet/Doc, but to no avail, it crashes without fail every single time.

I really wanna finish playing the game, so I made a savegame right before asking Emmet what he just said, which then triggers the various cutscenes that follow.

Now, can anyone of you please download the attached savegame, trigger the cutscenes, and then save the game as soon as possible again?

Much obliged!

Comments

• edited June 2011
    wait, i do this
  • edited June 2011
    Here
  • edited June 2011
    Thanks so much for the quick help!
  • edited June 2011
    is this for mac aor pc?
  • edited June 2011
    for PC
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    misteron wrote: »
    is this for mac aor pc?

I believe saved game files can be transferred between Mac/PC without issue.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm pretty frustrated at this point. I have the same problem. I've gotten to where Doc realizes Edna's gone, things start to disappear -- and then the whole screen freezes and the game crashes. I downloaded the game again, thinking the patched version might fix it. Nope. Any way to get past this -- especially for the very un-computer-savvy folks like me?

Any plans to patch this, Telltale?
  • edited June 2011
    i cannot open the zip file, it's telling me it's invalid
  • edited June 2011
    zip file is OK....
  • edited June 2011
    Every time I try to open the file (using 7Zip) I get an error: "Incorrect Command Line."
  • edited June 2011
    I hope Telltale Games see this because I'm having the same problem when Marty and Doc turn around as well.
    edited June 2011
    Someone has suggested in another thread that it's a low graphics setting that causes these crashes. If you guys are running the game at a very low graphics setting (say below 5), can you crank it up to 5 and see if that gets you through?
  • edited June 2011
    :)

Puzzlebox, thanks a million -- I bumped the graphics bar to "six" on the settings and that got me through the end of the Expo and into the next section. I was all set to watch the rest on YouTube, but playing it was much more fun! :D

Much appreciated, and kudos to Telltale for making "Back to the Future Part IV" a terrific reality!
  • edited June 2011
    Well, I'm done that chunk, now. Any guesses when season 2 will start to come out? I mean, there will be one. After the credits it did the "To Be Continued---->" thing.
  • edited June 2011
    Simon82 wrote: »
    Every time I try to open the file (using 7Zip) I get an error: "Incorrect Command Line."

then try winzip or winrar...
  • edited June 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Someone has suggested in another thread that it's a low graphics setting that causes these crashes. If you guys are running the game at a very low graphics setting (say below 5), can you crank it up to 5 and see if that gets you through?

THat sucks because it won't go higher than 3 for me... :(
    edited June 2011
    I just moved all the "Delorean disappearing" crash posts to their own thread here.
    Max Mouse wrote: »
    THat sucks because it won't go higher than 3 for me... :(

Sorry to hear that. If you're getting the expo crash, try using dxdy's saved game to get over it.

If you're talking about the Delorean disappearing crash that was also mentioned in this thread before I moved the posts, then there's only video past that point. Best I can do for you is YouTube: ending part 1, ending part 2.
This discussion has been closed.