Marty's chosen EP1 alias...no way to get EP2-5 to carry?

Like the game, but one thing I found somewhat dissapointing was choosing any alias other than Harry Callihan does not carry past Episode 1 (Episodes 2-5 use Harry Callihan regardless of the choice made in episode 1).

I certainly do hope the DVD version of the game will play as one continuous game and thus not have this issue.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    You need to check the registry...I can't remember how to do that can someone tell him?

In short, yes, it DOES carry for the most part. I went with Michael Corleone, and except for a couple of places in Episode 2, Marty was referred to by Michael Corleone the entire series.
  • edited June 2011
    Here you go.
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    The name is not random, and doesn't have anything to do with save game files - it's managed in a registry setting. Run regedit, then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Telltale Games > BTTF > Player Alias.

If it messes up sometimes, there might be two entries for it in the registry.
  • edited June 2011
    Out of curiosity, how does that work for the iPad version?
  • FloFlo
    edited June 2011
    I chose "Sonny Crocket" and there wasn't a single instance in the entire season where he was referred to by the wrong alias.

Actually funny that they took the time to make that carry over, but wouldn't do the same thing for other options (graphics, sound, hints, etc).
  • edited June 2011
    The first time I played it i chose Micheal Corleone but I played it again before episode 2 came out and i chose Harry Callahan. It then refered to Marty as Harry Callahan for the rest of the series. This did kinda confuse me at first but i got used to it.
  • edited June 2011
    Flo wrote: »
    I chose "Sonny Crocket" and there wasn't a single instance in the entire season where he was referred to by the wrong alias.

Actually funny that they took the time to make that carry over, but wouldn't do the same thing for other options (graphics, sound, hints, etc).

That's because it didn't take it from a save file, it takes it from the Windows registry.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    For the record, the graphics/sounds/hints settings are stored in the pref.prop file which lives in the same location as your saved games. There's a separate prefs.prop for each episode. I'm not sure if you can transfer them between episodes successfully, but some things I've seen in the support forum suggest you can't.
  • edited June 2011
    Thats Interesting. My first playthrough I used Harry Calligan. When Ep 5 was released I replayed from EP1 and chose Michael Corleone, which is when the problem occured. Likely EP1 needs to be run as admistrator to allow a system registry change. I checked, HKLM/Software/Telltale/BTTF has the Harry Callihan value.
  • edited July 2011
    I choose Micheal Corleone because it remind me of Micheal J. Fox so....the bug didn't mess with me....Marty was always called Micheal Corleone
  • edited July 2011
    There was only one occasion where they didn't reference him as Michael Corleone as I wanted, and that was in Episode 2.
  • edited July 2011
    Stretchcb1 wrote: »
    I choose Micheal Corleone because it remind me of Micheal J. Fox so....the bug didn't mess with me....Marty was always called Micheal Corleone

Same here.
  • edited July 2011
    Flo wrote: »
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    For the record, the graphics/sounds/hints settings are stored in the pref.prop file which lives in the same location as your saved games. There's a separate prefs.prop for each episode. I'm not sure if you can transfer them between episodes successfully, but some things I've seen in the support forum suggest you can't.
    Same.
    They did for Sam & Max Season 2 in... The Registry. So why they reverted back to the old system (Monkey Island too)... :(
  • edited July 2011
    I picked Harry Callihan and from Ep2 I was Sonny Crocket! Had no idea why until the very end, that's when I remembered that I played the free Ep 1 downloaded from telltale directly, and Ep 2-5 via Steam. Guess Sonny is the default name then.

Man I was confused at first though. Tried to remember so hard when I told anyone my name was Sonny :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.