Puzzle agent 2 (iOS) speech issues

edited July 2011 in Game Support
Bought puzzle agent 2 off iTunes this morning but having troubles with the speech on my iPhone 4. The game runs ok, and music is fine, but speech is choppy and crackly. Not a game breaker, but wondering if it's a recognized issue.
Thanks.

Comments

• BlitzciBlitzci Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    We can test this and see if we're getting the same problem. Just so we know we're testing on a similar device, can you tell me if it's a 16GB or 32GB phone, and what version of the software you're using?
  • edited June 2011
    It's a 32 gig iPhone with the most recent iOS and version 1 of pa2.
    Thanks for the reply!
  • edited June 2011
    So, I have the most recent iOS build (4.3.3) and, well, PA2 is impossible for me to play. The sound skips so much I cannot understand anything, and using the enlarge feature for me to be able to see the screen only shows a fraction of it at a time, so I can't just jump back and forth between reading character dialogue. I enlarged PA1 when the puzzles came up, but I had no problem with the original audio.

I have a 32 GB 3GS, Verizon.
  • edited June 2011
    Just got PA2 last night, and having the same choppy speech issues; I don't really want to play the game until it's resolved as the voice acting is such a great part of the game!

I'm running iOS 4.3.3 on a 32GB 3GS.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm having the same problem on my 16GB iPhone 4. It has the latest OS update. It seems to clip words every couple of seconds.
  • BlitzciBlitzci Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    This is an issue we encountered in testing on certain devices. When we saw it, the problem was intermittent and not as severe as what some people are describing. I'll pass this thread along and make sure people around here know how many players are encountering this problem.
  • edited July 2011
    I have the same problem on my iphone 4 , 32 GB , ios 4.3.3. It sounds like the audio is spoken by a machine / PC and it really ruins the atmosphere. Besides that its sometimes not understandable what is said.... I wouldnt like to play it this way.

Oh and on my iphone i couldnt register on this forum....after three complete fills ins, i switched to the pc......so you see....Puzzle agent 2 is an important issue for me :)
  • edited July 2011
    I have this issue on an iPhone 4, 16Gb, 4.3.3. Unplayable at this point.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm having some sound issues with Puzzle Agent 2 on my 3GS with iOS 4.3.3.

The dialogue has frequent pops and crackles, some words are cut off in mid-sentence and generally there is a lot of white noise. I like to play with headphones, so this is extremely annoying and ruins the whole experience.

I have tried a restart and a new clean install, but the bugs are still there.

As far as I can remember PA1 had the same problems and those were never fixed completely. I hope someone looks at this and releases a fix asap.
  • edited July 2011
    I was just about to post this. I have the exact same iPod and firmware and have the exact same problems. Also, sometimes even during puzzles, the game will lag a bit. Most notably during the"Moving Furniture" puzzle. It took me ages because anytime I tried to move a couch, it wouldn't register about three times out of five. Really hope there is a patch for this soon.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm merging this thread with the already existing one in Support.
  • edited July 2011
    It seems like a lot of people are having the same problems. There is no reason why this game with super simple graphics and animations should be having problems on a 3GS. This has to be fixed.

Check out these comments:
    http://toucharcade.com/2011/07/01/puzzle-agent-2-review-puzzle-harder/
  • edited July 2011
    As I get farther in the game, it lags worse and worse and really hampers puzzles later on, especially ones where you have to drag objects. It really is unacceptable. I can't play it until there is a patch for this
  • edited July 2011
    I _also_ have this issue - on an iPhone 3GS, 16Gb, 4.3.3.

As somebody else wrote, the voice acting is an integral part of the experience.
This discussion has been closed.