Puzzle Agent 2 -- issues on Mac

edited July 2011 in Game Support
Having some strange issues with Puzzle Agent 2 on a Mac, purchased through Steam. For the "Find Edvard!" puzzle, the background image for the puzzle appears not to render properly. It's clearly visible in the hints, but doesn't appear in the puzzle, as shown on the attachment. Without knowing where Edvard is, it'd be hard to route Tethers to him.

Having a similar problem with the Power Grid problem -- all I see is a bunch of yellow dots on a black background.

Running 10.6.8 on an older MacBook; played Puzzle Agent without trouble on the same system, and all the other puzzles seem to be fine. Help?

Comments

• BlitzciBlitzci Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    That's strange. We'll look into it, but in the meantime, here's some screenshots to provide the missing information.

In "Find Edvard!", the exit at the top of the maze is your goal. It's directly above Nelson. If you make an uninterrupted path from Nelson to that point, you'll have the right answer.

The Power Grid screenshot should give you all the numbers you need to solve the puzzle.
  • edited July 2011
    Thanks for the screenshots. I ran into the same problem with the satellite puzzle, but was able to figure that one out from context.
  • edited July 2011
    I have the same problem mentioned by OP. Also there's no Puzzle Agent logo in the Menu.

My setup is an old Macbook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM / Mac OS X 10.6.8

PS. I had similar issues with the first game (missing UI elements etc.) if that helps.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm having this problem as well. Another puzzle that is not loading the background is Solar Rays.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    Here's the Solar Rays background screenshot in case it's of any use.
  • edited July 2011
    Thank you! That helped me immensely. I was easy once I knew where everything was. On a similar note, the backgrounds for the robot puzzles are not loading either.
This discussion has been closed.