Puzzle Agent 2 - Lander Circuitry Bug

edited September 2011 in Game Support
I'm trying to complete the puzzle "Lander Circuitry" but I can't place any arrows in the last box, preventing me from finishing. I'm playing the PC version (from telltalegames.com).

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Actually, if I remember correctly, the good solution for that puzzle doesn't need any arrows in the last box. That box should be empty. But maybe I'm mixing my memories with some other puzzles such as the last puzzle on Puzzle Agent 1, or the Robot Hero extra puzzles on PA2, or some other...
  • edited July 2011
    I can't see any solution that doesn't need the last box, but that's beside the point: the last box should work. If it wasn't meant to, then it either shouldn't be there or that should be communicated to the player somehow, so I'm assuming it's a bug.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    That sounds like a bug... I used all the boxes (including the last one) to get the solution.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm getting something similar to this bug. It's letting me place an arrow in the last box, but it isn't registering its command. The following solution should work, but the final orb gets stuck in the highlighted position and doesn't compute the final UP command, thus the game refuses to accept the solution as correct.

landerg.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    I'm getting something similar to this bug. It's letting me place an arrow in the last box, but it isn't registering its command. The following solution should work, but the final orb gets stuck in the highlighted position and doesn't compute the final UP command, thus the game refuses to accept the solution as correct.

landerg.jpg
    If it helps out at all, Pinchpenny, I used your exact solution on the iOS version, and it worked. Perhaps it's a PC-only bug?
  • edited July 2011
    I got that same bug on iPod touch 4g. Kinda sucks cause now I am stuck until I can solve the problem. I have tried rebooting but still no luck.
  • BlitzciBlitzci Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    That's strange. Rebooting or resetting the puzzle doesn't solve the problem? I've gotten similar problems during the course of testing (though we fixed the ones I found) and resetting the puzzle usually made the problem go away.

If someone can try getting this bug, resetting the puzzle, then immediately trying to put an arrow in the last space, that'd be helpful. If the space still won't accept an arrow that'd be interesting to know.
  • edited July 2011
    Blitzci wrote: »
    That's strange. Rebooting or resetting the puzzle doesn't solve the problem? I've gotten similar problems during the course of testing (though we fixed the ones I found) and resetting the puzzle usually made the problem go away.

If someone can try getting this bug, resetting the puzzle, then immediately trying to put an arrow in the last space, that'd be helpful. If the space still won't accept an arrow that'd be interesting to know.

Tried exactly this.

Tried to put an arrow in the last box, wouldn't let me. Tried to move an arrow from another box where I had already placed, just moved back to it's original place. Reset the puzzle, tried again, still wouldn't let me place in the last box. Quit the game, opened again, tried again, STILL wouldn't let me put it in. Good job there's a way to do it with one less or I'd still be stuck there :(
  • edited July 2011
    Looks like it is connected to something I had with "Super Robot Hero".

On my first attempt I did not let the robot wait for the second guard and failed.
    After choosing "Retry" I wanted to move all commands after the save zone to the end of the queue, but I could not use the last box (which is not required here).
    Resetting allows it again. I am using the Windows version.

Seems Telltale has to check that code again.
  • edited September 2011
    Paying on an iMac (OSX 10.5.8, Intel Core 2 duo) and can not place any arrows at all. Clicking on the arrow commands produces a short click sound, but the arrow commands do not appear in the boxes below. I tried entering the solution anyway, thinking that maybe it was a small graphics bug and the arrows were just not visible but still there. Nope. All boxes stay empty no matter what I click.

Reset, restart, etc. does not help. Is there a patch available? A setting I can change? I love this game, but can't move forward. help!
  • edited September 2011
    I have tried starting a new game from scratch. Everything is fine up to this puzzle.

I can not place any arrows at all. They do not appear in the spaces below. I can't submit an empty "program". Thusly, I am unable to proceed. Has anyone else had this issue?

Already tried reseting, restarting, rebooting, running around the house backward and chanting, etc. No dice.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
  • edited September 2011
    I managed to find a laptop in the house that would run the game. I copied my save file from the mac to this pc. I was then able to continue the game, albeit on a different computer. Arrows would drag and stay in the boxes as expected.

(On a side note, the main menu buttons were invisible on the pc. They were there and clickable, just not visible.)

This thread is probably too old now, but in case anyone has the same issue as I did, and they happen to have another computer, it looks like this is a viable option to get past the problem.

Still love Telltale, and the game! I sympathize with other programmers. Sometimes stuff doesn't work as expected. Making a game is a huge effort. Hats off to the team. Even if there are a few little bugs floating about.;)

Keep it up guys. I'll be buying more games for sure.
This discussion has been closed.