Puzzle Agent 2 "Keep Scoggins Beautiful" Steam Achievement Bugged

edited July 2011 in Game Support
After playing through on the Mac, obtaining well over 25 pieces of gum, I was awarded no progress towards the achievement.

I'm still trying to test this further, but it appears on my late 2010 Macbook pro that progress for this achievement is not tracked at all.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I'm playing on PC and it works for me so it might not be the case, but just for a reminder; the achievement counts how many gums you picked up from streets, NOT how many gums you have.
  • edited July 2011
    That doesn't account for why it still says 0/25 though. I definitely picked up gum on the street. Since I was going for 100% completion I searched for gum at every scene change before doing any inspecting or puzzle solving.

I also noticed "Rank: Puzzle Agent" didn't unlock as well, despite the fact the game states I have attained the rank.

It is quite possible that these are Mac specific bugs. I'm just pointing out there seems to be some kind of issue with achievements on the Mac.

Edit:

I am running through the game again, and have picked up 29 pieces of gum in front of Valda's Inn. I still have no progress recording towards the achievement.

I did however get "Rank: Puzzle Agent" whose requirement is deceptive. Its not getting "Rank: Puzzle Agent", but rather running through the game with zero mistakes - including the two bonus puzzles.
  • edited July 2011
    Confirmed. I have run through this on my macbook pro, intel cpu, OS ver 10.6.8 and despite having had 38 pieces of gum come the endgame (meaning that I picked up well over 25) I still did not obtain this achievement.

Looks like a mac specific problem then.
  • edited July 2011
    I noticed that this may be a Steam on the Mac issue, rather than a telltale issue. I found a similar problem running through Portal with the achievement "Camera Shy".

This could be a complete coincidence though.
This discussion has been closed.