My Jurassic Park Project: A Fan Made ReMake of the Jurassic Park Film

2»

Comments

• edited July 2011
    So, after actually using the Dilo in its scene I've come to the conclusion that paper mache is not the way to go. That's alright. It's a learning process. We are now moving on to another tatic to make the dinosaurs and that's foam. I've seen a lot of videos on youtube of people making things out of foam. (My favorites are the Godzilla outfits)

So we're trying that with the Raptors and here is what we got so far.

img4240n.jpg

img4241l.jpg

img4244yw.jpg

I think it looks good so far. Obviously, more detail is going to be added. I'll be using foam to add tiny details around the eyes and all that good stuff. We're making three of them and each one will have it's own look.

This way seems to be working better so far. For the Dilo it took about three days just to do the shape of the face. Every thing you see above was done in just two or three hours. So we're saving on time.
  • edited August 2011
    Just wanted to update. Didn't want anyone to think I wasn't working on it anymore. I'm currently working on Three Raptors and the Raptor encloser right now.

img4248q.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • edited August 2011
    cool
  • edited August 2011
    I can't wait to see the final product, so far from the pics it looks pretty good
  • edited August 2011
    I really like the Cheez-It box in the background; can't make a Jurassic Park movie without some cheesy snacks to keep everyone motivated.
  • edited August 2011
    It looks really good so far!
  • edited August 2011
    Again, thanks for all the support.

I'm going to be painting the raptors soon but I don't want to give them the dark coloring from the first film. I was thinking maybe the orange with black strips. Or perhaps some other colors?

Anyone have any suggestions? :)
  • edited August 2011
    You know, regardless of how the rest of this project goes, I think the fact that you have a jurassic park jeep to drive around in means it's already a success.
  • edited August 2011
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    You know, regardless of how the rest of this project goes, I think the fact that you have a jurassic park jeep to drive around in means it's already a success.

lol Thank you :)

Alright, so I'm trying to get a full body suit going. Just need to make sure everything fits right. This happened by accident really. That was meant to be a hand puppet but I ended up putting it on my head as a joke but wouldn't you know it..... it actually looked kinda good. lol I'm going to try and build a full body suit around me now.

img4348x.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • edited September 2011
    I hereby revive this dying thread back to its former glory!

So, how's the production coming along?
  • edited September 2011
    Don't worry I'm still working on it. I'm still working on the raptor suit. The thing keeps busting at the seams so we're trying to stop it from doing that.
  • edited September 2011
    Great to hear; I'm referring the 'I'm working on it' part, not the 'raptor suit busting seams'.

Can't wait to see it when it's finished.
  • edited September 2011
    Carry on the good work, look forward to this :)
  • edited October 2011
    I hereby revive this dying thread back to its former glory!

So, how's the production coming along?

revive again!
  • edited October 2011
    Sorry I haven't been updating. I've been waiting till the raptor suit was finished. So far I have a body, the head, and the arms done. I need to add the tail and I'm not sure if I'm doing legs. Might just film from the waist up. Give me a bit more time to get the tail on there and I'll get some photos or perhaps a video up.

It's taking so long because that foam is surprisingly very expensive. It was 60 bucks just for one roll of it and one role doesn't even come with much. not to say I'm poor or anything but I just can't spend as much a week as I used too.
  • edited October 2011
    Sorry I haven't been updating. I've been waiting till the raptor suit was finished. So far I have a body, the head, and the arms done. I need to add the tail and I'm not sure if I'm doing legs. Might just film from the waist up. Give me a bit more time to get the tail on there and I'll get some photos or perhaps a video up.

It's taking so long because that foam is surprisingly very expensive. It was 60 bucks just for one roll of it and one role doesn't even come with much. not to say I'm poor or anything but I just can't spend as much a week as I used too.

Standards of the fan made movies has progressed. Not saying that you should abandon the project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4drucg1A6Xk
  • edited October 2011
    They sure have. But I'm not great with computers. So a fan film of that scale just isn't within my range.
  • edited October 2011

Take your time; honestly, it's not as though you're on a deadline. Yes, everybody wants to see the film but we're more than willing to wait.

In terms of the lack of updates, we all have busy lives to attend to and you're no exception. Just give the occasional 'Hey! My project's not dead!' post and everybody will be satisfied.
  • edited October 2011
    revive again!

its been a while. How is your suit coming along. :)
  • edited October 2011
    Before I start painting do yall think I should stick with the films color? Or should I take a different spin with it? I was more of a fan of the orange with black stripes myself. But I'm not sure yet.
  • edited October 2011
    If you want to recreate the 1st film then I suggest the 1st films raptors.
  • edited October 2011
    Honestly, it's completely up to you. This project is a fan made remake so any artistic directions made should be by your personal choice. Personally, I think the different color scheme would be neat but if you're looking to make a shot-by-shot remake, go with the original design.
  • edited November 2011
    revive again!

so are you still working on this?
  • edited November 2011
    I am. Just nothing new to report at the moment.
  • edited January 2012
    you may like this if thats what your planning to do , this is the short version as the proper one is full length.
    hope you like it.
    regards
    daniel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew4gZ2XLDRE.
  • edited January 2012
    I am. Just nothing new to report at the moment.

dead?
  • edited February 2012
    wotw said on JPLegacy that its dead
Sign in to comment in this discussion.