Puzzle Agent 2 (Steam) Olav's Cabin bug

edited February 2012 in Game Support
Hi! I've a bug that's (as far as I can tell) stopping progression in my Puzzle Agent 2 game. I've reloaded the save a few times and verified the integrity through Steam, neither of which have worked.

The game has worked fine up to this point, but after finding Olav's tape recorder behind the Galileo portrait, I have a few problems.

-I am unable to use the desk / pedestal that has the mathematical equation on it, which was the last thing I could see before this problem occurred.

-The portrait of Galileo has an outline of the tape recorder on it, and searching the room brings up two magnifying glasses on that location - but I can only get the dialogue for observing the portrait itself, I seem unable to access the tape recorder.

Attached are two images with what is described above.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• BlitzciBlitzci Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    That's strange. Do you recall if you quit the game, or left the environment and returned, after the tape recorder was revealed? We haven't seen this bug before, so I'm not sure what would have caused it.

Could you attach the save game in this thread?
  • edited July 2011
    I've most certainly closed the game / left the area and tried others since the bug, but I can't really remember if I did at the specific time.

Hope the save file helps.
  • edited January 2012
    Were you ever able to resolve this problem? I am having the same issue now.
    Same image, and Nathan is missing from the screen.
  • edited February 2012
    I got the same problem now, how do I fix this?
  • edited February 2012
    Magixe wrote: »
    I got the same problem now, how do I fix this?

I e-mailed TellTale, and haven't gotten any useful info out of it. They e-mailed me once telling me they'll get on the issue, and 2 weeks later that they're still working. I have been asking for updates, but haven't heard back in a month despite me e-mailing.

Eventually, after a couple of weeks, I found a forum post where someone said you have to click on the floor to leave Olav's cabin, then you can go to Korunka's house to finish the story.
  • edited February 2012
    I e-mailed TellTale, and haven't gotten any useful info out of it. They e-mailed me once telling me they'll get on the issue, and 2 weeks later that they're still working. I have been asking for updates, but haven't heard back in a month despite me e-mailing.

Eventually, after a couple of weeks, I found a forum post where someone said you have to click on the floor to leave Olav's cabin, then you can go to Korunka's house to finish the story.

Ty but I've finished the story. I went for a second go to take all the steam achievements.
  • edited February 2012
    Hmm, what's stopping you from taking an achievement? The OP and I had an issue where we'd get stuck in a spot and couldn't continue on.
  • edited February 2012
    The achievement is to score perfect on all the puzzles. I am not missing some puzzles by skipping the recorder part at olavs cabin?
  • edited February 2012
    Nope, you're not supposed to be able to do that until later. It's a bug that you can see it at that point.
  • edited February 2012
    Oh, thank you so much! I was going to give up but thanks to you I'm back on track again! =D
  • edited February 2012
    No problem, just wish Telltale staff would have been able to/willing to help as well :/
    Took me a couple of weeks to track the issue down.
This discussion has been closed.