Favorite New Character

Vote on which new character you liked the most

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I'm relieved that you gave us the option of picking multiple people because I'm pretty sure I picked about half the list. The characters were definitely one of the strongest points in the game and kept me interested throughout. I particularly liked Emmett; he really felt like Doc's younger self and just getting to know him when he was younger was a great experience.

I could go on and on about why the characters I chose are my favorite but to be honest, you'd be here all day. All of them had their unique traits and interesting personalities which truly made the game feel alive and full of energy.

Special mention to the Soup Kitchen Guy
  • edited July 2011
    I went with Edna, since she's the one I actually incorporated into my fanfic universe. I also wrote about Artie, Sylvia, and Young Emmett - but they're a little different from the game version. Well, actually, Artie isn't too different.
  • edited July 2011
    Alt Jennifer.
  • edited July 2011
    Young Emmett. He was great.
  • edited July 2011
    Young Emmett. I really liked him as the series went on.
  • edited July 2011
    guy in soup kitchen
    You should have also included the other unknown lady :)
  • edited July 2011
    Alt Jennifer.

Agreed :)
  • edited July 2011
    By 'easily agitated guy', do you mean the guy with the glasses in el Kid who's going out with Eunice?

Also, when you click on the guy in the soup kitchen, Marty says "i'd better not mess up his timeline" I thought it was foreshadowing his importance in later episodes.

I was wrong.
  • edited July 2011
    Also, when you click on the guy in the soup kitchen, Marty says "i'd better not mess up his timeline" I thought it was foreshadowing his importance in later episodes.

You and me both, my friend. I was half expecting him to burst through the wall of the Expo with a flamethrower and reap havoc upon the poor unsuspecting protagonists. How silly of me.
  • edited July 2011
    You and me both, my friend. I was half expecting him to burst through the wall of the Expo with a flamethrower and reap havoc upon the poor unsuspecting protagonists. How silly of me.

I voted for both young Emmett and Citizen Brown.

Young Emmett's a pretty likeable character...he's very different from the 70-year old Doc we're used to seeing, and as such Marty can relate to him a bit better, and yet we can clearly see the makings of 'our' Doc in him. Having Marty and Emmett be the same age was a brilliant idea (second only to Marty being the same age as his own parents). Marty convincing Emmett to become a scientist and guiding him to his destiny reminded me of Marty trying to guide George towards his destiny, and in both cases, Marty's actions succeed ultimately in 'improving' the future lives of the people he influenced.

Citizen Brown's a pretty interesting character as well, an anti-hero, which is something one would ordinarily have never expected Doc to be. One can almost sympathise with him-he's a man who's been told that his life is an abomination, and not his 'true destiny'; who has discovered that his wife has corrupted his ideals and yet wishes to ensure her well-being; who is with a kid who wants nothing better than to 'over-write' him...and yet one can't help think of him as an antagonist (kidnapping his younger self was a tad extreme). Also, it was a novelty to see Marty teach Doc about the time machine.
  • edited July 2011
    I voted for Citizen Brown. I consider it as a mysterious character that makes you anticipate to watch every episode.

Los Angeles Employment Blog
  • edited July 2011
    Calling Leech an original character is a massive stretch.
  • edited July 2011
    Calling Leech an original character is a massive stretch.

Since he was kinda supposed to be Needles?
  • wheres first citizen brown?
  • edited July 2011
    wheres first citizen brown?

He's there. Obviously you were too mesmerized by the Soup Kitchen Guy's name which is completely understandable.
  • edited July 2011
    Danny Parker. One of the only new characters in the game I remember or cared for. I don't consider young Doc a new character, but I voted for him too anyway.
  • edited July 2011
    Since he was kinda supposed to be Needles?
    Yeah, exactly. He's Needles with a different name, and was even written that way.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.