Episode 5 Inventory Bug

edited April 2007 in Game Support
If you begin a new game while in
Reality 2.0
, your inventory will already be in
'digital form'
when you're wandering around your office normally.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    What version of the game is this? The one that went out to season subscribers?
  • edited April 2007
    i reported this glitch earlier............ it is on both versions

here is my original complaint about this glitch that i posted last week..... complete with screenshot

http://telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2489
    the only major bug i saw is that if you want to replay the episode for a second time, you have to close the game and restart it............. because if you do not, you will have the virtual reality items in the real world when the game starts (instead of Sgt. bug and your 44 magnum, you have the ray gun and the computer bug) and you cannot get the original item set back untill you get the virtual reality goggles..... and sam just says "no way" to everything when you try to use the virtual items in the real world.
  • edited April 2007
    Right - I forgot that Gametap subscribers played it early, and didn't think to check the second page.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Dangerzone wrote:
    i reported this glitch earlier............ it is on both versions

What you reported was a little bit different (completing the game and then starting a new one), and we fixed that before shipping to season customers, but didn't catch this variant of it.

Ah well, at least it's not a show-stopper. We'll get it cleaned up for the Season 1 disk. :D
  • edited April 2007
    Here's another inventory-related bug: click any inventory item while
    2d or small
    and skip the dialog line by right-clicking. Then the mouse pointer becomes invisible until you walk off the screen. (Accessing the menu also makes it visible, but only so long as the menu is.)
    EDIT: Even when you're normal you can get the same result by right-clicking an item then skipping the line. In fact you don't even have to be in Reality 2.0. Strangely, though, it doesn't happen with the "organic listening device".
This discussion has been closed.