The JP Universal Studios Attractions

edited July 2011 in Jurassic Park
I visited Universal Studios Hollywood three times and went on "Jurassic Park: The Ride" every time, and I can tell you it scared me to hell! :) I felt so sick after the last two times...

Did you visit it too? Or one of the other Jurassic Park rides in Orlando, Japan or Singapore?
Next year, another Universal park will open in Dubai, with a Jurassic Park ride as well.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I decided to sneak my video camera onto the ride because I wanted to get footage of the T-Rex at the end. I filmed it for about 5 seconds when suddenly the whole ride stopped and a guy came over the intercom to tell me to put my camera away. The ride didn't start up till I put my camera back in my pocket. lol

I couldn't help it. The T-Rex at the end is so freaking cool. :) This was the Orlando one. I think they have the better T-Rex. I think the ones are smaller or at least from the youtube videos that's what it looks like.
  • edited July 2011
    I love Jurassic Park, but I'll stand by my decision to hate the ride. I think they could've done a lot better seeing as there were a lot of other cool rides at Universal and Islands of Adventure. I went to the one in Orlando. I don't know if Hollywood is different. I've seen the Singapore version and it looks pretty awesome. The only part I liked about the ride was the amazing drop.
  • edited July 2011
    Love the ride, got kicked off at Orlando for hugging the raptor..sad day
  • edited July 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi6WZTK1nRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWuaLhwFGMs

The first is hollywood and the second is Orlando. They have differences but the biggest is the T-Rex. The one in Hollywood is smaller but jumps out at you at the end making it more of a surprise. But the one in Orlando is bigger and doesn't jump out at you. It's more of a suspense build up to make you think "OH GOD IT"S GONA EAT US!!!" and something to distract you from the fall.
  • edited July 2011
    And for comparison, here's the one in Osaka, Japan, which is a bit different as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVo_EPRJohQ&feature=related

Here's the one in Singapore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhQjZ8N6efE&feature=related
  • edited July 2011
    I like the seats for the Singapore one.
  • edited July 2011
    I visited the one in Hollywood on my first (and only) visit to the States, way back in 2000. Great ride. On a semi-related note: on that same visit to Universal some dude dressed as Doc Brown took me and my brother under his arms and acted like my dad's video camera was a time machine. He didn't really look like Christopher Lloyd, but he was pretty funny. We actually got to ride the BttF-ride as well (this was way before the Simpsons ride. I'd love to see that one some day).

Best thing about the Jurassic Park ride: the two Compies fighting over a Mickey Mouse hat. I loved that little joke. I think the rides in the other parks just use a t-shirt or something.
  • edited July 2011
    went back in '97. Was neat. They had a Jurassic Park exhibit at the san diego museum at the time too...that was almost cooler. My memory isn't so great, but I think they had movie props on display too.

Saw the BttF ride as well. I LOVED it.
  • edited July 2011
    My thoughts on all of the Universal Jurassic Park attractions (it's long.)

Jurassic Park River Adventure (Orlando): I love it! (It's my personal favorite varient of the ride, but I like all of them.) Though I don't like how they don't use the original roars from the movies but, the animatronics are smooth, the scenery is simply beautiful, and the themeing is spot on, though I do wish it had the falling our vehicle, and the Tyrannosaur sticking it's head through the ceiling, but over all a wonderful ride.

Triceratops Encounter/Triceratops Discovery Trail: This a very unique attraction as it shows the softer side of Jurassic Park. It's a walk through attraction which means it that the queue is half the fun of the attraction. The acctual Triceratops at the end is incredible to say the least, and for a moment you acctually belive it's real for a moment. They also allow people to pet it. (which I have admitedly done as an adult.) Over all a very nice attraction.

Jurassic Park The Ride (Hollywood): I like it. It differs from it's cousins in a good way. Like the falling tour vehicle, and the Tyrannosaur sticking it's head through the ceiling mentioned above. I don't like the ending though. The countdown is just annoying, and I like how in Orlando the T-Rex was there for you to see, and considering you don't acctually see it for very much, it would have worked better, and the raptor animatronics are slow, and robotic, but over all still very enjoyable.

Jurassic Park The Ride (Japan): It's a mirrored copy of the Orlando ride, but with slightly improved animatronics, but the scenery isn't as appealing as it is in Orlando. That being said, (I don't know why but it seems to be bothering alot of people, myself included.) why is there blue where red should be? (EX. the CP25 rescue boat, and the bars for the raptor containment unit.) It just seems incredibly out of place and over all just doesn't fit, still it is a very good ride, with some impresive animatronics.

Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure (Singapore): Meh. I like the concept of it and it works well in places. I don't really like the execution of the conflict though. (It just sorta breezes through. It's not like it happens unexpectedly like in the other ride, though I probably shouldn't be comparing, as they are completely different ride.) I don't really like the animatronics for the velociraptors, because they hardly move, but everything else is pretty good. I also really like the ending to it. It gives this very chilling vibe then suddenly, it scares you with the sudden escalation, and the flickering beacon. It stands out from the rest (which I commend it for), and it's a nice take on the Jurassic Park ride.

Attractions I would add to Islands of Adventure: Jurassic Park Safari Tour, Velociraptor Encouter, and Brachiosaurus Encounter/Brachiosaurus Tree tops. (what do you think of my ideas?) (Sorry for the length.)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.