Big Adventure Game Bundle 2010 broke

edited July 2011 in Game Support
Ok I bought the big adventure game bundle back in 2010, but now whenever I try to load up a game like Penny Arcade Adventures, it just makes a black window, then crashes. Used to work all the time. I have tried completely uninstalling everything to do with the bundle and reinstalling, but it still does not work. If I can't get this to run, can telltale at least send me a steam code for the games so I can actually run the games that I paid for so I don't have to buy them again on steam? I prefer telltale to steam anyways, but I don't want to have to re-purchase something.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    If it's not running, having it on Steam probably isn't going to help.

I'm not familiar with the games, but it sounds like there's something wrong with the game resolution or settings.

If you can change those without starting the game, try that, or see if there's a preferences or settings file somewhere you can remove.
  • edited July 2011
    Nope. Can't really do any of that so I guess I have to wait for someone that works for telltale to answer this.
  • edited July 2011
    Try running it as admin or in compatibility mode.

If you're still having an issue, post your DXDIAG log as an attachment/link.
  • edited July 2011
    Running recovery AVG right now to see if it's my pc. I'll check back in tomorrow probably.
  • edited July 2011
    Still can't get Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 1 to run. I turn it on, it loads a black window, red dots appear wherever I put my mouse, then it crashes.
  • edited July 2011
    Ok I emailed telltalegames on this over a week ago now and I am still waiting for the support staff to get to me. It's issue-50718. Now come on telltale, I would like to be able to play the game that I have given you my money for, please.
  • edited July 2011
    Your DXDIAG log was requested and not supplied.

If you want some of the members here to try to help you, you must provide this basic information.
  • edited July 2011
    Yeah I was trying to figure out how to get the dxdiag. Not everyone knows tech talk, you know. Best to not assume someone knows how to do it and rather tell them what it is and how to do it at the time of suggestion. Now my dxdiag cant not be attatched because it is a 36 KB .txt file and the forum restricts you to 19 kb.So how can I provide the info if the forum will not let me?
  • edited July 2011
    Split it in two, or leave it as one and upload to a sharing site like rapidshare or megaupload etc.
  • edited July 2011
    Two things I do not know how to do.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited July 2011
    You can also copy and paste the whole text. It makes for a huge post but is pretty easy to do.
This discussion has been closed.