The Lost World: Jurassic Park - Special Edition

edited July 2011 in Jurassic Park
Hi,

Maybe you (Telltale Games) know me. I asked you via e-mail and via Facebook for something, but I didn't got an answer yet :(
So I opened this thread and pleease answer :) I would be very happy then ;)
Here is a copy of my message I sended to you:

"Hi,

I see you will publish a new Jurassic Park game soon. So, you got the rights for Jurassic Park games? I'm asking because there is an very old Jurassic Park game for the PlayStation One named "The Lost World: Jurassic Park". I realy would like to see the Special Edition of this game in the PlayStation Store. Because you have the rights you had to contact Sony. So they could publish it. Someone at eBay has the original disc of the game. He would send it to Sony. It would be very easy you just have to say okay. A lot of people would like to see this game in PlayStation Store :)

Sincerely Yours,
Dennis von der Becke"

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Are you kidding? I'm not even gonna start to explain how very wrong you are...
  • edited July 2011
    Yeah, it doesn't work that way.
  • edited July 2011
    There's something quite adorable about this post.
  • edited July 2011
    Hi,

Well, okay, could you say me than how it works?

By the way: That "wrong" version of me is by Sony Computer Entertainment.
  • edited July 2011
    Ummm....they only have the rights to the movies. Don't get me wrong, the Special Edition on the PSN would be extremely cool. BUT Telltale simply can't do it. I also don't think marketing a game is as easy as putting in a disk. Don't worry, you didn't know.
  • edited July 2011
    FYI Telltale hasn't even released JP:TG…
  • edited July 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    Ummm....they only have the rights to the movies. Don't get me wrong, the Special Edition on the PSN would be extremely cool. BUT Telltale simply can't do it. I also don't think marketing a game is as easy as putting in a disk. Don't worry, you didn't know.

Oh no, I know that it's more difficult. Right now I'm just seeking the firm which got the rights because that's the first step. All other things the firm can clear with SCE.
    I think Danger Close got the rights for the game because they developed it - but Sony Computer Entertainment Germany told me that this isn't sure. Well, they didn't answered - nobody answered right now. But I think you could help me. If your lifing in North America you could contact the PlayStation support about it. I have but they havn't read my message and they told me I should contact germany.
  • edited July 2011
    LZPSN wrote: »
    Hi,

Well, okay, could you say me than how it works?

It works like this: disc images of PlayStation games are encased in a wrapper and distributed as EBOOTs--with absolutely no modifications--on the PlayStation network to be emulated on the PS3 and PSP. It's done this way because the games are old, which means the source code is probably unavailable, striking any chance of modifying the game. And even if the source code -was- available, you'd be hard-pressed to find any company that would want to sit down and re-analyze a 15-20 year-old game's shoddy source code.
  • edited July 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    It works like this: disc images of PlayStation games are encased in a wrapper and distributed as EBOOTs--with absolutely no modifications--on the PlayStation network to be emulated on the PS3 and PSP. It's done this way because the games are old, which means the source code is probably unavailable, striking any chance of modifying the game. And even if the source code -was- available, you'd be hard-pressed to find any company that would want to sit down and re-analyze a 15-20 year-old game's shoddy source code.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. But my post was sarcasm ;) SCE explained me what they do to publish a PSOne game in PlayStation Store. But someone up there said I'm completly wrong...
  • edited July 2011
    after doing some looking Dreamworks Interactive made that game... I suppose if there was a deal to be made it would have to be between first Universal, then Dreamworks and Sony.... you know at least a dinner meeting would have to take place :p with high fives after dessert.
  • edited July 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    after doing some looking Dreamworks Interactive made that game... I suppose if there was a deal to be made it would have to be between first Universal, then Dreamworks and Sony.... you know at least a dinner meeting would have to take place :p with high fives after dessert.

Hi,

I don't post some **** without looking before ;) Danger Close is the new name from Dreamworks Interactive.
  • edited July 2011
    Oh... I stand corrected....
Sign in to comment in this discussion.