TOMI chapter 1 NOT WORKING

edited July 2011 in Game Support
Having problems with TOMI chapter 1. Every time I open it, the main menu has greenish/brown/yellow boxes where I am guessing text is meant to appear. I also have no mouse cursor. I have tried uninstalling, and re-installing but that did not work. Please help! I would love to play this game (oh and buying it and not being able to play sucks). Thanks!

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2011
    That's should be a graphics card or driver issue.
    Can you please post a dxdiag log?

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited July 2011
    Ok I think I attached it properly. Thank you :)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Driver Date/Size: 6/29/2007 05:56:52, 2363392 bytes

Installing the latest Intel GMA Driver should fix that.

You can download the zipped driver here, and install it by following these installation steps.
  • edited July 2011
    Thank you so much, I am going to try it now :)
  • edited July 2011
    So I tried to update it but I got a message saying that "the best driver software for your device is already installed"
    I attached a screen shot.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2011
    brookefay wrote: »
    So I tried to update it but I got a message saying that "the best driver software for your device is already installed"
    I attached a screen shot.

That's odd. Did you follow the installation steps exactly and choose "Browse my computer for driver software" to select the downloaded driver?
  • edited July 2011
    Yes, I did pick brown my computer for driver software, and I just tried again but same thing. The game still is doing the same thing, with the colored boxes instead of text.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2011
    You could try uninstalling the current driver first.
  • edited July 2011
    Uninstalling the "Mobile Intel(R)965 express chipset family" ? and then re-installing the graphics driver?

sorry for all the questions, I'm not very versed in computers :)
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Uninstalling the "Mobile Intel(R)965 express chipset family" ? and then re-installing the graphics driver?

Yes, exactly. First uninstall it, and then install the new one :)
  • edited July 2011
    So i have uninstalled it, but without it how do I update to the new one?
  • edited July 2011
    Under device manager and display adapters is "video controller (VGA compatible)" which wont allow me to update.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Under device manager and display adapters is "video controller (VGA compatible)" which wont allow me to update.

There's a description for that case in the readme.

Basically you double click on "video controller (VGA compatible)" and select the "driver" tab. There you can select "Update Driver" and "Browse ..." and then choose the driver.
This discussion has been closed.