What would your Jurassic Park look like?

edited August 2011 in Jurassic Park
Imagine you had the technology to bring back extinct life. What would you bring back? What kind of Jurassic Park would you make? Creation is an act of sheer will. Would your park be flawless?

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Tyrannosaurus Rex
    Baryonyx
    Spinosaurus
    umm thats all i could think for now.
  • edited July 2011
    Well, learning from the mistake of Hammond, I wouldn't go for a very automatised (is that a word?) Park and I'd have the computer search for ALL the dinosaurs.:P Also, I would not invite any mathematicians and I wouldn't include Velociraptors, but of course the raptors in the novels and in the films were not Velociraptors.

Anywho, T-Rex would be in my Park naturally, as would the Trikes. Brachiosaur, but then I'd need Compies to take care of the huge amount dinopoop. Other dinos are optional, but I'd definately have the Aviary.

And I'd use the logo of the movie.:D but not Mr. DNA. Never liked that guy.
  • edited August 2011
    Well, I know I won't have the Tour Vehicals completely automated. I would have it so that it would still run on gas in case the power goes out.
  • edited August 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    Well, learning from the mistake of Hammond, I wouldn't go for a very automatised (is that a word?) Park and I'd have the computer search for ALL the dinosaurs.:P Also, I would not invite any mathematicians and I wouldn't include Velociraptors, but of course the raptors in the novels and in the films were not Velociraptors.

Anywho, T-Rex would be in my Park naturally, as would the Trikes. Brachiosaur, but then I'd need Compies to take care of the huge amount dinopoop. Other dinos are optional, but I'd definately have the Aviary.

And I'd use the logo of the movie.:D but not Mr. DNA. Never liked that guy.

i have to agree on the raptor angle.. velociraptor antrihoppus (or however you pronounce that) was actually deinonychus right? velociraptor mongolenisis is turkey sized so that would be ok in my book,
  • edited August 2011
    Imagine you had the technology to bring back extinct life. What would you bring back? What kind of Jurassic Park would you make? Creation is an act of sheer will. Would your park be flawless?

I would bring back species from all eras of the Mesozoic. Coelophysis, Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex (naturally), Edmontosaurus, Triceratops, Acrocanthosaurus, Seismosaurus, Compsognathus (park sanitary purposes), Gallimimus, Dilophosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Corythosaurus, Velociraptor (subject to change depending on security measures), Protoceratops, and so many more. As for the park itself, security would be the number one priority, both for safety of the visitors and safety of the animals enclosed. I would opt for a larger island to allow for a more spacious environment for the animals. I would allow for inter-species interaction so long as they are from the same time period, regardless of whether they are carnivore or herbivore. It'd give tourists a real glimpse back into the age of the dinosaurs. I would keep the tour vehicles, however an emergency gas operated feature would be mandatory in case of a power failure or such. A new feature would be a monorail system that circles the park, giving tourists a brief overview of some of the animals in their enclosures. An aviary would be included, as well as a river tour through the more tranquil parts of the park. A 5 star hotel would be located near the Visitors Center offering a fantastic view over the park. Added security measures would be reinforced windows and doors, added moats and barriers around enclosures, locking mechanisms on vehicle doors, at least 4 Park Ranger stations, several emergency bunkers located throughout the island near every enclosure, as well as a precautionary course on park safety set to be issued prior to every tour. As for my park being flawless, that's kind of a tough situation. As Hammond said, 'there's always delays. When Disneyland first opened, nothing worked!'.
  • edited August 2011
    I would bring back species from all eras of the Mesozoic. Coelophysis, Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex (naturally), Edmontosaurus, Triceratops, Acrocanthosaurus, Seismosaurus, Compsognathus (park sanitary purposes), Gallimimus, Dilophosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Corythosaurus, Velociraptor (subject to change depending on security measures), Protoceratops, and so many more. As for the park itself, security would be the number one priority, both for safety of the visitors and safety of the animals enclosed. I would opt for a larger island to allow for a more spacious environment for the animals. I would allow for inter-species interaction so long as they are from the same time period, regardless of whether they are carnivore or herbivore. It'd give tourists a real glimpse back into the age of the dinosaurs. I would keep the tour vehicles, however an emergency gas operated feature would be mandatory in case of a power failure or such. A new feature would be a monorail system that circles the park, giving tourists a brief overview of some of the animals in their enclosures. An aviary would be included, as well as a river tour through the more tranquil parts of the park. A 5 star hotel would be located near the Visitors Center offering a fantastic view over the park. Added security measures would be reinforced windows and doors, added moats and barriers around enclosures, locking mechanisms on vehicle doors, at least 4 Park Ranger stations, several emergency bunkers located throughout the island near every enclosure, as well as a precautionary course on park safety set to be issued prior to every tour. As for my park being flawless, that's kind of a tough situation. As Hammond said, 'there's always delays. When Disneyland first opened, nothing worked!'.

No expense spared! :D

As for my own park it would be very similar however i might not breed more than one carnivore per species (at least no more than one for the more dangerous carnivores) as the chance of unauthorized breeding is reduced to 0 if there is only one of said species. i would not have an aviary (too risky) and all tours would be accompanied by at least two armed rangers. All rangers would be highly trained spending at least two years in a customized training program preparing them for a wide variety of possible scenarios as well as team training so they know to move as a unit of at least five rangers per "sqaud" and as well as training them to run solo in the possibility that they are separated from thier "squad" in a worst case scenario such as complete security failure. As a requirement for the training course my rangers would also have to have to study the science/biology of every single dinosaur in the park extensive knowledge of all dinosaurs would mean they would know the behavioral pattern of all of the creatures allowing them to make the correct decisions faster if a breakout were to occur as well as know the best way to put an animal down if need be.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.