Critical error in Sam & Max Episode 5

edited April 2007 in Game Support
Hi,

Everytime i try to enter Sam & Max' office i get a blue screen and the computer reboots. It shows a reference to a file called "ialmrnt5.exe" - so at this moment this game is more og lesss un-playable to me since i can't get through the game without getting back to the office. :(

Help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Machenka

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Hmm I also got a blue screen (with no text though) and it just hang and I had to reboot it manually. I got while interacting with auntie biotic and a couple of other times ( I think at bosco's too).
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Machenka, is it ialmrnt5.exe or ialmrnt5.dll? I can't find anything on Google for ialmrnt5.exe but I found some stuff for ialmrnt5.dll, which appears to be a display driver for an Intel chipset. That's going to be a problem because our games require a 3D-accelerated graphics card. Most Intel video won't run our games.

What type of video do you have on your computer? To find out, right-click your desktop, go to Properties, go to the Settings tab, and look at what it says under Display.
  • edited April 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Machenka, is it ialmrnt5.exe or ialmrnt5.dll? I can't find anything on Google for ialmrnt5.exe but I found some stuff for ialmrnt5.dll, which appears to be a display driver for an Intel chipset. That's going to be a problem because our games require a 3D-accelerated graphics card. Most Intel video won't run our games.

What type of video do you have on your computer? To find out, right-click your desktop, go to Properties, go to the Settings tab, and look at what it says under Display.

Hi Emily,

All the other Sam & Max games ran without a problem. You might be right about that it's the DLL file though. :)

My graphics card is a Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family, and it should work with 3D-games.

Regards,

Machenka
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Unfortunately that's not a graphics chipset we support. http://www.telltalegames.com/support/#intel

I'm glad it worked for you on the other games but I'm afraid I don't have a solution for getting it to work on this one, other than trying to run the game on its lowest graphics settings. Sorry. :(
This discussion has been closed.