Adventure Radio

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited June 2007 in General Chat
Anyone who likes music from adventure games (well, at least the LucasArts ones, the Telltale ones, and a few oddballs like the Kyrandia series and The Longest Journey*) might want to check out "Adventure Radio," a Shoutcast channel run by a Mixnmojo community member. It's a nonstop streaming MP3 channel playing nothing but a ton of music from classic (and current) adventure game soundtracks. More info here.

* apparently they have some Sierra soundtracks as well, as a weird song that's apparently the closing medley to Space Quest 3 just played.

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Ooh, thanks for the heads-up, I'll have to try that! :D
  • edited April 2007
    Nice find! You can never beat Adventure Game music.
  • edited April 2007
    Cool. :)
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Anyone who likes music from adventure games (well, at least the LucasArts ones, the Telltale ones, and a few oddballs like the Kyrandia series and The Longest Journey... apparently they have some Sierra soundtracks as well, as a weird song that's apparently the closing medley to Space Quest 3 just played.
    There's a little bit of everything in there. Some Pheonix Wright, some Murder on the Orient Express.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Mickey, are you also known as captaindread?
    edited April 2007
    I love the adventure game music with words. A pirate I was meant to be, King of the Creatures, More than Jerks! Adventure games need more of these. :)
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    OhMickeyyousofine, yousofineyoublowmymind, hey Mickey?
  • edited April 2007
    BTW, how do I listen to Adventure Radio? :/ I get a listen.pls file, but I don't know what to do with it.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Open it in iTunes, WinAmp, or other MP3 player. Most popular players will play shoutcast streams.
  • edited April 2007
    Will Windows Media Player? : /
  • edited April 2007
    Nope :(

Winamp will work, though, and it's pretty lightweight if you get the minimal installer.
  • edited April 2007
    Ah well, I suppose I'll download Winamp then...

Coooooool! :D Adventure Radio rocks! More tracks please! :)
  • edited April 2007
    I think most of the music works better in the context of the game.

(with a few exceptions of course)
    edited April 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Will Windows Media Player? : /
    There is a program that lets you play the files in WMP through any browser window (you can't play the files directly from WMP - PLS in Windows Media Player seems to work as a go-between:

http://wiki.cdyne.com/index.php/Playing_PLS_Winamp_files_in_Windows_Media
  • edited April 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Nope :(

Winamp will work, though, and it's pretty lightweight if you get the minimal installer.

Or just open the file(or open it trough FF, it's a simple Text File), and just copy the url without the other Tags, but with the port, then use the "Open URL" Menu in WMP, add it to your fav's, done.

ok the easier Way would be to copy just the text(the clean URL) in the Mojo Forum, and then add it to WMP. ;)
  • edited May 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Nice find! You can never beat Adventure Game music.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    Me 2.
    edited June 2007
    Adventure games do have some wonderful music. I wish I picked up the Best of LucasArts Original Soundtracks CD when it came out.
  • edited June 2007
    You rock mickey.. you rock ...
    Love the tunes :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.