Sam and Max Episode 5 stuck in conversation

edited April 2007 in Game Support
Directly after fighting (and losing to) Auntie Biotic, I started a conversation, but no entries were available. Since it was not possible to exit the conversation or load a game, I had to forcibly quit the game, and restart from my last save game. It may have been caused by skipping through the last dialog by right clicking after losing (I'm not sure wether or not I did that).

I haven't tried reproducing it; after loading I took care not to go to fast, and everything worked fine. I attached a screen shot of the situation.

Comments

• edited April 2007
    A minor issue... I happened to click somewhere, not sure exactly where (on Max?) and I got the dialog interface up, but it had no dialog options.
    Doesn't sound so bad, but the issue is that there is no way to get rid of it without any options available in it. And also, the whole save/load/quit game interface is unavailable in dialog mode.

samnmaxbuggm3.th.jpg

Edit: I should say that this is in the beginning of Reality 2.0... and looking again at the screen shot, I noticed that Sybil is not visible, which is strange. She was standing there with the hypnotic goggles right before.
  • edited April 2007
    When I switched from the reality 2.0 to the real world at bosco's and I clicked on Max, I got a dialog window with no text choices. I couldn't do any thing anymore (There was no way to exit the dialog, or enter the menu) And there was nothing to say because the box where normally the text choices appear was empty.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Is this a consistent problem or did it only happen that once?

EDIT: I just merged a few threads on this topic. This is not something we've seen before, so if it's happening consistently and if you guys are able to tell us exactly how to replicate it, that'd be great.
  • edited April 2007
    Well I haven't tried it a second time and actually tried not to click on max at those spots because I wanted to finish the game ;-) but I'll try to reproduce the error
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    If you are able to reproduce it consistently, it would be helpful if you could send a saved game from just before that point so one of our developers can load up the save, click on Max, and see it for himself.
  • edited April 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Is this a consistent problem or did it only happen that once? [..] This is not something we've seen before, so if it's happening consistently and if you guys are able to tell us exactly how to replicate it, that'd be great.
    For me, it happened only once. Like THAiSi I especially tried to avoid further problems because I wanted to continue the game. I'll report it again if it happens again, but I'm not going to spend extra time trying to trigger the bug; I'm not your beta tester. ;)

As far as I'm concerend, it's not critical a problem (since it can be circumvented) but it's annoying anyway, especially if you don't save too often. And as far as saving is concerned: maybe the game could autosave a bit more often if it's so unstable? From my experience it only ever autosaves when entering the main street (and in Reality 2.0 there is the D20 as well, but that's not automatic). Saving is pretty quick (at least on my system) so I wouldn't mind if it saved every time a new scene is loaded.

Or alternatively, maybe a keyboard shortcut like Control-S could save in the auto-save slot?
This discussion has been closed.