JP Theatrical Re-release

edited October 2011 in Jurassic Park
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/jurassic-park-headed-back-to-cinemas---video/232595

Apparently (Special thanks to JP Legacy for linking it), the UK (those lucky SoBs) are getting a theatrical re-release of Jurassic Park on September 23!! I don't know if I should be stoked or pissed off. I mean, I'm all for a re-release seeing as I'm a huge fanboy, but as an American fan, I'm super-pissed I can't go!!! I didn't get to see it in theaters when I was 7 and I've been waiting to hear news like this ever since, but only in the UK?! AAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm starting a petition right here, right now saying that we, as the fans and main source of thier JP income, DEMAND a worldwide (or at least American) re-release as well! Who's with me!!

Comments

• edited August 2011
    im right here with u i was born in 1996 so i never got to witness any jp movie in the theaters so this would be really awesome but seriously in the UK speilberg is from my state and from a city that my aunt lives in and the movie was made in america so why oh why is it being re released in the uk this blows
  • edited August 2011
    I was born a year too late to see the first, but I still watched it until TLW came out! Then I was Psyched. Then III came and I was so happy. I do wish I could see it in theatres. PLEASE!!!!!! BRING THIS TO THE US!
  • edited August 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    im right here with u i was born in 1996 so i never got to witness any jp movie in the theaters so this would be really awesome but seriously in the UK speilberg is from my state and from a city that my aunt lives in and the movie was made in america so why oh why is it being re released in the uk this blows

Yup, I was born in 96 also and I've always dreamed of what it was like to see Jurassic Park (one of the highest grossing movies of all time) in the theaters.. I just hate that its only in the UK, maybe if it goes well there then the US will get to see a re-release in theaters also.
  • edited August 2011
    I was fortunate to be at the premire of Jurassic Park back on June 11, 1993, even though I was only two years old at the time. I remember seeing it like it was yesterday, but a re-release in theatres is awesome. Pity it's only in the UK though
  • edited August 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Yup, I was born in 96 also and I've always dreamed of what it was like to see Jurassic Park (one of the highest grossing movies of all time) in the theaters.. I just hate that its only in the UK, maybe if it goes well there then the US will get to see a re-release in theaters also.

i was born in 94 so im right there with ya lol
  • edited August 2011
    The occasionally play it at some theaters in the US, I just saw it this weekend at a Yorktown Premium cinema here in Chicago.
  • edited August 2011
    I've known about this for a while since the listing for Jurassic Park came up on Cineworld's website (for those who may not know, it's a chain of cinemas situated across Britain). I was born just before it first came out in theatres, so I didn't get to see it until I was about 4 or 5 years old on video. Seeing as I'm from the UK, I'll be able to go and see JP at the cinema when it comes out. I'm sorry for the rest of you guys about there not being word of a US re-release though, and I hope they'll do it eventually in time to celebrate its release on Blu-ray
  • edited August 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    i was born in 94 so im right there with ya lol

It really is suprising that a movie from 93 is still this popular amonst todays teens... this tells us that they were doing something right! :D
  • edited August 2011
    I would have love to see Jurassic Park in theaters, I managed to see TLW and JP3 but I was to young to see JP in theaters when it came out so I was pretty bummed. In short, I agree with anyone who wants an American (and Canadian) Theatrical Re-Release
  • edited August 2011
    I was three when Jurassic Park came out and believe it or not I still have a bit of memory left from seeing it in the movie theater. However, I would LOVE to see it in theaters again!!!! That would be awesome.
  • edited August 2011
    I was SUPER pumped this week upon hearing this news... until I realized it was only in the UK. :(
  • edited August 2011
    Fortunately I was 7 when i saw this masterpiece. I recently saw the DVD version at my local cinema as a "cult classic" night and I have to say, you can see why they won an Oscar for the audio. the picture was bad (it was a DVD after all) but the sound was freakin amazing. If you have a chance to see this thing on the big screen, DO IT. the sound alone is worth it. I was lucky at that age, as I can tell from the forums, to see this movie in all its glory. Even if you didnt or cant, the blu ray release will not disappoint.
  • edited August 2011
    I was only four when it came out so it was decided that I was too young lol, but my mom had seen it in theaters and told me it was amazing.........would have been better if she brought me...

but I agree, this needs to come to the US, why would they decide on the UK?!

It would be like the Toho making a new Godzilla but only releasing it in Australia lol
  • edited August 2011
    As a UK resident I am habitually fuming about having to wait months for TV, Movies and generally anything else half decent to cross the pond so I must confess to finding this rather amusing.
  • edited October 2011
    nOmArch wrote: »
    As a UK resident I am habitually fuming about having to wait months for TV, Movies and generally anything else half decent to cross the pond so I must confess to finding this rather amusing.

As a huge JP fan who's waited pretty much my whole life to get the chance to see this in theaters, I am NOT amused. Not in the slightest.

(BTW: I live in Charleston, SC one of the most backwards places on the planet. So the chances of any of the theaters around here doing a "cult classic night" are slim to none and even if they did, the chance of them playing JP are even lower. Not to mention the fact that unless if was a film print as opposed to a DVD, which is far more likely, the picture would be god awful on the big screen.)
  • edited October 2011
    Reached #10 in the box office. Pretty damn good for a movie that airs on UK television on average around 10 times a year.
  • edited October 2011
    Only #10? The Lion King was #1 here last time I checked, man. I mean, yeah, The Lion King is a great movie, but if can get #1 for the second time 17 years later, I would've hoped JP would end up higher than #10. :(

Doesn't bode well for an American release.
  • edited October 2011
    Elogotar wrote: »
    Doesn't bode well for an American release.

Jurassic Park is on television every month in the UK. I'm sure most of the country have seen it, so it's good it charted.
  • edited October 2011
    Jurassic Park is on television every month in the UK. I'm sure most of the country have seen it, so it's good it charted.

Well, one: Watching a movie at home CANNOT compare to a proper theater experience regardless of how awesome your home theater is and two: The Lion King re-releases success just proves that regardless how old a movie is or how many times it's been on TV it can still dominate the box office.
  • edited October 2011
    I was born in 98 so a theatrical re-release sounds AWSOME!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.