Parasaurolophus.

edited October 2011 in Jurassic Park
am i the only one that saw the parasaurolphus in the day 2 video? you can see it being attacked by two velociraptors just as harding was interacting with it, its right past the guys head in the first review lol

Comments

• edited August 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    am i the only one that saw the parasaurolphus in the day 2 video? you can see it being attacked by two velociraptors just as harding was interacting with it, its right past the guys head in the first review lol

I saw it, and there's actually another video that was posted on youtube by a fan that has a clearer shot at it. It looks fine, however it seems to be modeled more off of the Parasaurolophus seen in The Lost World
  • edited August 2011
    I saw it, and there's actually another video that was posted on youtube by a fan that has a clearer shot at it. It looks fine, however it seems to be modeled more off of the Parasaurolophus seen in The Lost World

by chance do you remember the video name? id like to take a look,
  • edited August 2011
    It isn't like we see them as clearly in the first movie anyway.
  • edited August 2011
    by chance do you remember the video name? id like to take a look,

Here you go
  • edited August 2011
    It isn't like we see them as clearly in the first movie anyway.

That's true, and the design on the mural in the dining room during the film sorta matches the ones seen in TLW only with a more greenish blue coloration rather than the brown and red seein in the sequal.
  • edited August 2011
    It looks like its coming along nicely. Apparantly the graphics have improved a lot since the last videos. I can't wait to play it. :)
  • edited August 2011
    Its awesome. Poor Parasaur...got killed by Raptors!
  • edited August 2011
    I saw it, and there's actually another video that was posted on youtube by a fan that has a clearer shot at it.

could you give a link to the video, that woudl be great, thanks

EDIT: Already found that one
  • edited August 2011
    It looks fine, however it seems to be modeled more off of the Parasaurolophus seen in The Lost World

I know we only see the Parasaurolophus very briefly in the first movie, but is there much of a difference between the two movies for this animal?

I know the other dinosaurs have some differences.
  • edited August 2011
    The two parasaurs are very different...even different enought two be two subspecies. Like the asian and african elephant. Most people however just assume that those are female and the ones in TLW were all male....
  • edited August 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    The two parasaurs are very different...even different enought two be two subspecies. Like the asian and african elephant. Most people however just assume that those are female and the ones in TLW were all male....

very true according to wikipedia there are 3 sub species of parasaurolphus

i also noticed on wikipedia they have reconstructed sounds of parasaurolphus. im guessing that these were retrived using something simmilar to the raptor nasal cavity in JpIII
  • edited August 2011
    i also noticed on wikipedia they have reconstructed sounds of parasaurolphus. im guessing that these were retrived using something simmilar to the raptor nasal cavity in JpIII

I saw something about that on tv in the past. They blow air through the passages in the Parasaurolophus's head crest, like a trumpet.
  • edited August 2011
    Actually it was done by scientists here in New Mexico where I live. They actually have a crest on display at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science along with the very same recording heard online.
  • edited August 2011
    actually, there are three species of parasaurolophus. parasaurolophus is a genus.
  • edited August 2011
    Is it just me, or did it seem like the parasaurolophus in the video was standing way too upright? Maybe I'm not seeing it correctly.
  • edited October 2011
    The Parasaurolophus is a male.Why? Maybe it's like how the male velociraptor's were created from changing sex.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.