Jurassic Park Prequel

edited September 2011 in Jurassic Park
I'm also a huge fan of the Jurassic Park films, especially the first.

Just wondering wouldn't it be awesome to have a darker film exploring the building of the park, showing that a lot of people died when it was first constructed, maybe into the unethical means in which they treated the animals to say make the velociraptors bigger, or the different types of raptors they 'made' in Site B (which explains the different looking ones in Lost World and JP3) than they should be because "it'll be scarier or more impressive", giving a darker side to Hammond. It could end with the hiring of Muldoon Harding etc who have no idea what happened to the previous employees of the park/and or Site B.

What do you guys think of a "darker" prequel? I myself would love an origin story so long as it stayed respectful of the original, but also tied up any loose ends/scientific inaccuracies. Also having it slightly more adult (kinda how dark "The Dark Knight" was in its themes and violence [implied, but powerful]). Kinda on the surface can be scary/enjoyable for kids, but has a whole new level for the kids of the original that grew up.

Anyway, thoughts?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Im all for a darker movie. It would fit closer with the novels. And I think that a prequel would be better than a sequal or a remake. The story behind building the park could be a good one if done right. We got a taste of that during the intro scene to Jurassic park where they're moving dinosaurs around.

I think having Muldoon as the main character would be a better idea though instead of waiting till the end for him to show up.. The original actor died though so there would have to be a recast (I would suggest Daniel Craig). I guess the real question is what would the main focus of the movie be about. It would get kind of boaring just watching the build fences and breeding dinosaurs.

I'm guessing the best story would be why they had to move the raptors from their original pens and into the smaller one we see in the first movie. That might work. The raptors get out some how while the feeder are trying to feed them and then it's up to Muldoon and his team to try and round them back up. And the movie ends where the original begins with the raptors being moved to the small holding pen
  • edited September 2011
    Im all for a darker movie. It would fit closer with the novels. And I think that a prequel would be better than a sequal or a remake. The story behind building the park could be a good one if done right. We got a taste of that during the intro scene to Jurassic park where they're moving dinosaurs around.

I think having Muldoon as the main character would be a better idea though instead of waiting till the end for him to show up.. The original actor died though so there would have to be a recast (I would suggest Daniel Craig). I guess the real question is what would the main focus of the movie be about. It would get kind of boaring just watching the build fences and breeding dinosaurs.

I'm guessing the best story would be why they had to move the raptors from their original pens and into the smaller one we see in the first movie. That might work. The raptors get out some how while the feeder are trying to feed them and then it's up to Muldoon and his team to try and round them back up. And the movie ends where the original begins with the raptors being moved to the small holding pen

Great idea. I'd like the story to go into having either the intro title sequence being an explanation or the beginning when they clone the first dinosaurs, maybe the first part or have flashbacks to dr wu genetically tampering with the raptors DNA to make them bigger to make them look more fearsome by removing their feathers and enlarging them. Having the raptors escape and in turn causing human panic, maybe even allowing the other dinosaurs to escape?

I really like the idea of Daniel Craig as Muldoon. Definitely would be great to take some of Muldoon's scenes from the original novel like blowing up a raptor with a RPG.

Personally would have it end with John Hammond discussing things with his nephew and covering everything up, and ordering a new shipment of dinosaurs and construction to rebuild Jurassic Park. maybe even have a call coming from Gennaro saying that because of these accidents he's now got to get some experts to inspect the island.

Something that shines a more negative darker light on Hammond. I'd like a cover up ending.
  • edited September 2011
    T002Tyrant wrote: »
    Great idea. I'd like the story to go into having either the intro title sequence being an explanation or the beginning when they clone the first dinosaurs, maybe the first part or have flashbacks to dr wu genetically tampering with the raptors DNA to make them bigger to make them look more fearsome by removing their feathers and enlarging them. Having the raptors escape and in turn causing human panic, maybe even allowing the other dinosaurs to escape?

I really like the idea of Daniel Craig as Muldoon. Definitely would be great to take some of Muldoon's scenes from the original novel like blowing up a raptor with a RPG.

Personally would have it end with John Hammond discussing things with his nephew and covering everything up, and ordering a new shipment of dinosaurs and construction to rebuild Jurassic Park. maybe even have a call coming from Gennaro saying that because of these accidents he's now got to get some experts to inspect the island.

Something that shines a more negative darker light on Hammond. I'd like a cover up ending.

some dromiasaurs didnt have feathers, and remember its Jp raptor = deinonychus antrihoppus or as the 92 claasification error called it (velociraptor antrihhopus) im not sure they even found deinonychus with feathers so why add them? barnum brown (guy who discovered deinonychus) never mentioned feathers in deinonyychus just simmilarities with birds, Scaled raptors all the way...no feathers please lol
  • edited September 2011
    and lets remember these animals and not dinosaurs they are genetical engineered animals with mixed Dna. I would love it if they added the trial and error process of cloning the dinosaurs and giving us a look on what horrendous creatures that were made in the progress. It would certainly add to a darker atmosphere
  • edited September 2011

Amazing idea! You truly are the Ultimate life form!
  • edited September 2011
    Tropikerna wrote: »
    and lets remember these animals and not dinosaurs they are genetical engineered animals with mixed Dna. I would love it if they added the trial and error process of cloning the dinosaurs and giving us a look on what horrendous creatures that were made in the progress. It would certainly add to a darker atmosphere

i dunno then its like a movie for the chaos effect story.... there was gonna be a tv show for jurassic park chaos effect but it was cancelled it was in 97, i would have been four so i know i would have watched that
  • edited September 2011
    I could definitely see a prequel working... Or they could switch focus in a sequel and have Biosyn (InGen's rival) make their own park or attraction.
  • edited September 2011
    I think henry Wu should be the leading man in the prequel if there ever is one. In the novel Wu was right there with hammond from day one.
  • edited September 2011
    Maybe this should be the new trilogy they were talking about for JP4? Maybe 3 films showing the disasters and deaths it took to get to the first film? I'd love to see at least two films, one on Isla Sorna with the creation of the dinosaurs, the mistakes made, the research staff that died during.

The other film exploring the outbreak of the dinosaurs on Isla Nubla and the rebuilding of the park which explains why the attractions and other dinosaur's pens haven't yet been filled up? Unless telltale (and by the looks of it that's true) are going to show us the stuff that they didn't have on tour? Anyway still would be awesome, may not need a third, but hollywood nearly always go for a third film.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.