(poker night) Steam version wont load

edited September 2011 in Game Support
I bought this game on steam a while ago, and it worked fine, and i managed to unlock achievements and play the game :). Then one day when I tried to load it, and it didnt :eek:. My friends on steam say my profile as "playing poker night at the inventory" for 5 - 20 seconds then it went back to "online". In task manager i could see "CelebrityPoker" open for about that time then it closes. I have spent hours going through millions on threads that "have the answer" but when I try, it doesnt work. Nothing has worked. I really want this fixed so i can play my game.

PC Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.10 GHz
4.00 GB Ram (3.25 Useable)

dxdiag attached

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2011
    pwnduagain wrote: »
    My friends on steam say my profile as "playing poker night at the inventory" for 5 - 20 seconds then it went back to "online". In task manager i could see "CelebrityPoker" open for about that time then it closes.

Did you by any chance install LUA for Windows lately?

Further please try a clean boot:

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. Click on OK
    8. Click Restart.
    9. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer
  • edited September 2011
    No I havent installed Lua recently, and I have looked on the website and now I've got this lua.5.1.tar.gz file which i have no idea on how to install.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2011
    pwnduagain wrote: »
    No I havent installed Lua recently, and I have looked on the website and now I've got this lua.5.1.tar.gz file which i have no idea on how to install.

I should have made that clearer. Please don't install LUA for Windows, because it creates an environment variable that conflicts with the games, and the result looks pretty much like what you described.

Did you try the clean boot?
This discussion has been closed.