New Jurassic Park Poster by Mondo!!!

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
http://io9.com/5836597/gorgeous-mondo-jurassic-park-poster-spared-no-expense

jurassic_park_regular_rvsd_3_.jpg

Did anybody else see this? This was released at the Mondo Mystery Movie #2 in Texas the other day with only 220 made and a variant that only has 75 made. I thought it is an amazing poster that could work to represent the movie or even a reboot of it. I love how it looks like an old 60s movie poster. I managed to get one of the 220 made and it looks even more amazing than in this picture because the colors are way more varied and detailed. I really love it and it came with the artist's signature, and a mosquito-in-amber pin thing shown below. I thought it was an amazing poster and I cant wait for the second one in the series. It is releasing alongside the BluRay Jurassic Park in October on the same day... Enjoy!!!

$(KGrHqYOKpME4vNK(ly3BO(-M61Z7g~~60_12.JPG

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Its a cool poster. But I gotta be honest here it doesn't read jurassic park literrally and figuratively. If I look at this poster I don't automatically think Jurassic Park and the name is hard to read too.
    I don't mean to bash on it because its beautiful and I would put this on my wall in a second. I'm however critiquing it from a hardcore jurassic park fan and a graphic designer. One big improvement would have been for the Tyrannosaur look like the one from the movie.
  • edited September 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    Its a cool poster. But I gotta be honest here it doesn't read jurassic park literrally and figuratively. If I look at this poster I don't automatically think Jurassic Park and the name is hard to read too.
    I don't mean to bash on it because its beautiful and I would put this on my wall in a second. I'm however critiquing it from a hardcore jurassic park fan and a graphic designer. One big improvement would have been for the Tyrannosaur look like the one from the movie.

I think the point of it is to not look like something from the Jurassic Park universe. That is what Mondo's posters really are and it gives us another view on the movie that we all love so much which makes it really cool!
  • edited September 2011
    I love it. I think it's very interesting to see different interpretations of Jurassic Park artistically; an artists's own "take" on a scene or character in his or her own style.
    It reminds me of the various JP-based comic books (especially the covers), which I like for the same reason, as well.
  • edited September 2011
    I gotta admit I love that the T-rex is stepping on the Raptor lol I didn't notice that until just now. That's the great thing about art, there's always some detail you missed before which you can enjoy the second time around. Which tailed pterosaur did you use for this?
  • edited September 2011
    I gotta admit I love that the T-rex is stepping on the Raptor lol I didn't notice that until just now. That's the great thing about art, there's always some detail you missed before which you can enjoy the second time around. Which tailed pterosaur did you use for this?

Hahha yeah the raptor is a cool addition to the art. Also, I'm not the one that made this, this poster was painted by Aaron Horkey for the Mondo Mystery Movies in Alamo, Texas the other night. Only 220 were made and I am lucky enough to have gotten one for myself. There is also a metallic variant of which only 75 were made. All I can say is that it looks so much better than in that picture, the colors glisten in the light and there are more colors. Also, I'm pretty sure the Pterosaurs in this picture are Pteranodons and the tailed ones are Rhamphorhynchus'. So you guys know, the second poster in the series that wont be as limited in production number will be revealed soon and released along side the Jurassic Park Blu-Ray Disk Collection.
  • edited September 2011
    Steampunk and Jurassic Park? 2 awesome things combined.
  • edited October 2011
    The second poster in the series, designed by JC Richard, went on sale today... and sold out in about a minute. It's a beautiful (and much more traditional) design:
    jurassicparkmondoposter.jpg

Does anyone here have a higher resolution version of this poster? I would love to make it my monitor background.
  • edited October 2011
    I want that poster.
  • edited October 2011
    Now I have both Mondo Jurassic Park posters! :D
  • edited October 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Now I have both Mondo Jurassic Park posters! :D

Lucky! How the heck did you get your order in in time?
  • edited October 2011
    Lucky! How the heck did you get your order in in time?

Nah, I missed the sale since they were gone in less than a minute, but i have my ways... :p

First one was harder to get, second one was cheaper and so worth it! lol
  • edited October 2011
    Any idea how many more posters are going to be in this Mondo series? When is the next one set to go on sale?
  • edited October 2011
    Any idea how many more posters are going to be in this Mondo series? When is the next one set to go on sale?

I wish I could say, I've been looking for the answer to that same question all day, ahah. I guess we will gotta wait and see but I'll post here if I find anything out...
  • edited October 2011
    I. NEED. That.

The Brach one is soooo much better than the first and I've looked at it several times, but this time if the first I've seen the rex in the left bottom corner and the people running in the right bottom corner. That just makes it THAT much better. I need it.
  • edited October 2011
    _Veritas_ wrote: »
    I. NEED. That.

The Brach one is soooo much better than the first and I've looked at it several times, but this time if the first I've seen the rex in the left bottom corner and the people running in the right bottom corner. That just makes it THAT much better. I need it.

Did you notice the small dinosaur (raptor? or dilo?) in the trees just behind the Jeep too? Just caught that myself just now.
  • edited October 2011
    Did you notice the small dinosaur (raptor? or dilo?) in the trees just behind the Jeep too? Just caught that myself just now.

yuup :D
  • edited November 2011
    Phew! I was finally able to find one of the JC Richard prints for myself. Ending up paying more than I should have, but what the hey, it looks awesome and is a cool collectors' piece. :)
  • edited November 2011
    _Veritas_ wrote: »
    That just makes it THAT much better.

i couldn't feel any more differently. i think the addition the t-rex chasing the jeep is awful. i know it's a classic scene from the film, but the whole vibe of the poster is one of wonder, not of terror. "jurassic park" was never intended to be a monster movie and this poster otherwise captures that spirit beautifully.
  • edited November 2011
    Have you seen how much these are going for on ebay? dear god
  • edited November 2011
    Have you seen how much these are going for on ebay? dear god

yes yes they really cost too much. so i will try to obtain a scan in high resolution and than print it
  • edited November 2011
    as of this morning, i counted 70 sold on ebay. assuming the ones bought on ebay are not being sold again on ebay, that means nearly 1/5 of the original print run has ended up on ebay.
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know where i can find one of the amber mosquito pins from this release?? I bought the poster and want to add the pin!!
  • edited December 2011
    I like them both but the first one threw me off wen i saw the eudimorphodons flying around lol Last i checked Jurassic Park don't clone them :-P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.