CSI on Windows Vista?

edited April 2011 in Game Support
I just received the game and tried to install it on my brand new computer. It loads up, I click install, and then it freezes and then goes to "not responding" mode. I turned off mcafee and it still won't work. Does it not work with Vista or something? thanks.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    As far as I know, Vista shouldn't be a problem.

Could you tell us your system specs (including memory and video card)?
  • edited April 2007
    oh ok, it's working now. It just took me trying it four times. sigh, but at least it's working.
  • edited December 2007
    Good if its working ......... if you have vista 32x and run it under compatibility mode with an administrator account....its always smooth.......
  • edited July 2008
    okay, I have the CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder PC game. I just got a BRAND new laptop too. Downside, its Vista, as is every computer on the lot anymore... I have the 1st games, Dark Motives, 3 Dimensions of Murder, and Hard Evidence (currently lost in my house...) EVERY game works, except 3 Dimensions of Murder.

The auto-run pops up and i have the green arrow, and I click Install. Then, it freezes. the auto-run does. And the drive sounds as if its trying to install it.. but nothing happens.. The thing says its working properly, but grrr, i dont know whats wrong with it...

If you can help me, please.. all help is appriciated!

:(:):confused::eek:
  • edited July 2008
    Have you tried disabling UAC?
    It doesn't matter if you didn't have to for the others, cuz games are different :)

I have ALL of the CSI games installed on my Vista - with their patches - and they run fine.
    Support for Dimensions of Murder from Ubisoft.
  • edited July 2008
    It works fine! I didnt really have to do anything, but wait and be very patient lol!

thanks
  • edited May 2009
    ok sooo, no problems installing but i cant see any of the videos when anybody is talking on the game.

any suggestions?
  • edited July 2009
    HE works fine in mine and cause of surround system I can actually listen to sounds at the first cases like when Nick pulls his arms down you can hear something :D
  • edited August 2009
    I'm glad to hear it's working good to your computer.I'm using xp and no problem at all.Maybe there was just a little adjustment for the new program you installed.
  • edited August 2009
    I had no trouble installing the game, the only thing is, when I get to Grissom's office, all i see is the decor and a big white square were Grissom is, I assume, moving. I'm guessing the animations won't load or something. I've heard it's happened to others but I don't know if it's been fixed.

I'm on vista, it didn't seem to pause a problem when i installed. I tried partial and full install, I installed the newest directX, the ones the game wants... nothing works.

Any idea? Should i throw the game away because it's never gonna work on Vista?:confused::(

Thank you!
  • edited August 2009
    Adja wrote: »
    I had no trouble installing the game, the only thing is, when I get to Grissom's office, all i see is the decor and a big white square were Grissom is, I assume, moving. I'm guessing the animations won't load or something. I've heard it's happened to others but I don't know if it's been fixed.

I'm on vista, it didn't seem to pause a problem when i installed. I tried partial and full install, I installed the newest directX, the ones the game wants... nothing works.

Any idea? Should i throw the game away because it's never gonna work on Vista?:confused::(

Thank you!

CSI1? Try this, or running it in a Compatibility Mode (right click, properties, compatibility, and then choose something like Windows XP or 2000). Unfortunately, since it's not a Telltale made game, don't expect any formal help here.
  • edited October 2009
    I suggest that you put Windows NT compability mode instead of XP or 2000
  • edited April 2011
    Found errors
    CSI Manifest Zero Length Total count: 1
    CSI Manifest Failed Catalog Check Total count: 1
    Give me some solution?
This discussion has been closed.