Missing Dinosaur : Baryonyx

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
if you compare from the movie brochure/map and the game's brochure/map Baryonyx is missing!

P.S Baryonyx is rght next to the t-rex logo on the original movie brochure/map.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    to be fair, the stegosaurus, segisaurus, gallimimus, and proceratosaurus are also missing, compsognathus has been added, velociraptor now has the more common logo, and the triceratops paddock has been moved.
  • edited October 2011
    Baryonyx's skull can be seen on the frame of the map at right, the galliminus in the map and there's a concept art limited editions of the booklet.
    the only dinosaurs that did not know there are segisaurus, Stegosaurus, and proceratosaurus metricanthosaurus.
  • edited October 2011
    It's strange Pteranodon isn't listed either, especially since they've already been seen in the game footage and are confirmed.
  • edited October 2011
    It's strange Pteranodon isn't listed either, especially since they've already been seen in the game footage and are confirmed.

They should re-make the map they made and add all species that will be in the game.
  • edited October 2011
    JPTGfan wrote: »
    They should re-make the map they made and add all species that will be in the game.
    *sigh* That's the point... this probably is all of the dinosaurs that will be in the game.
  • edited October 2011
    the map doesn't need to be remade. the icons for animals, landmarks, and attractions are all stored on a different layer than the map itself. new ones can easily be added with a single line of html.
  • edited October 2011
    The game has alot of dinosaurs though. I mean lets just do the math.
    1. t-rex
    2. triceratops
    3. raptor
    4. dilophosaur
    5. parasaur
    6. compies
    7. herrerasaurus
    8. troodon
    9. mosasaur
    10. pteranodon

Thats 10. Plus we might see a few others here and there too, we don't know that we won't yet.
  • edited October 2011
    i think we will see some cameos of baryonyx and the brachiosaurs, i looked at the border of the pre order menue and it has the same look as the origonal park map but if you look closely the skulls are in different spots...and they added a mosasaur skull. one skull that was put in a different spot was that of baryonyx...not that it means anything but if they cared enough to put the mosasaur skull in...then why not take baryonyx out? and why change the location of the skull? it seems very superficial yes...but i think there may be something to it...
  • edited November 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    The game has alot of dinosaurs though. I mean lets just do the math.
    1. t-rex
    2. triceratops
    3. raptor
    4. dilophosaur
    5. parasaur
    6. compies
    7. herrerasaurus
    8. troodon
    9. mosasaur
    10. pteranodon

Thats 10. Plus we might see a few others here and there too, we don't know that we won't yet.

But they NEED to add These Dinosaurs since they were mentioned or seen in the Film.
    Baryonyx
    Brachiosaurus
    Gallimimus
    Metriacanthosaurus
    Proceratosaurus
    Segisaurus
    Stegosaurus
    Without these Dinosaurs, It wouldn't be Isla Nublar.
  • edited November 2011
    JPTGfan wrote: »
    But they NEED to add These Dinosaurs since they were mentioned or seen in the Film.
    Baryonyx
    Brachiosaurus
    Gallimimus
    Metriacanthosaurus
    Proceratosaurus
    Segisaurus
    Stegosaurus
    Without these Dinosaurs, It wouldn't be Isla Nublar.
    Lol I understand your pain :) but truth be told they probably will not include Stegosaurus, Proceratosaurus, or Metriacanthosaurus simply because they were seen in the film as an embryo form. They don't feel the need to waste their game time on dinosaurs already confirmed in the film. Also I think they might have replaced segisaurus with compsognathus. But as far as cameos go I'm sure we'll have at least a mention of Baryonyx, Brachiosaurus, and Gallimimus.
  • edited November 2011
    I don't recall Segisaurus being mentioned at all. Or Baryonyx. Brachiosaurus and Gallimimus need to be at least mentioned. As for Metriacanthosaurus, Proceratosaurus, and Stegosaurus, they were only shown as embryos. They might not have even been integrated into the park setting yet. The same could be said of any of these.
  • edited November 2011
    I don't recall Segisaurus being mentioned at all. Or Baryonyx. Brachiosaurus and Gallimimus need to be at least mentioned. As for Metriacanthosaurus, Proceratosaurus, and Stegosaurus, they were only shown as embryos. They might not have even been integrated into the park setting yet. The same could be said of any of these.
    This was just my speculation of what is going on. Brachiosaurus and Gallimimus most likely will be mentioned if not seen, but the fact that the Baryonyx skull is on the deluxe package's brochure's corner suggests that it won't be left out of the game completely. It's skull might just have a cameo on a poster or something though. Nothing big.
  • edited November 2011
    Everything that is included in the tour will probably end up in the game. It wouldn't be a Jurassic Park game without scenes of Gallimimus and Brachiosaur and Parasaurs all grazing together!
  • edited November 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »
    Everything that is included in the tour will probably end up in the game. It wouldn't be a Jurassic Park game without scenes of Gallimimus and Brachiosaur and Parasaurs all grazing together!

Hope so. At least they can show brachiosaurus in the distance.
  • edited November 2011
    Some of the dinosaurs are exclusive only to site B,while Jurassic Park is not completly finished they got the basic most essential and cost effective dinosaurs on the island first,later depending on the feedback from tourists they could add/remove dinosaurs as needed keeping a healthy stock on site B

Oh and just a heads up you might see some new underwater treats*zips my lips*youll just have to stay tuned for more action.
  • edited November 2011
    Some of the dinosaurs are exclusive only to site B,while Jurassic Park is not completly finished they got the basic most essential and cost effective dinosaurs on the island first,later depending on the feedback from tourists they could add/remove dinosaurs as needed keeping a healthy stock on site B

Oh and just a heads up you might see some new underwater treats*zips my lips*youll just have to stay tuned for more action.

uh wut? i see what you mean, baryonyx would be the second largest theropod on nublar along side tyrannosaurus so the cost effectiveness theory makes sense....but what do you mean about underwater treats? it sounds as if your saying we'll see some kind of action between our missing baryonyx walkeri and mosasaurus hoffmanni?
  • edited November 2011
    if you compare from the movie brochure/map and the game's brochure/map Baryonyx is missing!

P.S Baryonyx is rght next to the t-rex logo on the original movie brochure/map.

but its on the border for the preorder web page
  • edited November 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    uh wut? i see what you mean, baryonyx would be the second largest theropod on nublar along side tyrannosaurus so the cost effectiveness theory makes sense....but what do you mean about underwater treats? it sounds as if your saying we'll see some kind of action between our missing baryonyx walkeri and mosasaurus hoffmanni?

Well not just that,Baryonyx is partially aquatic and thus they need special needs and being a bigger predator also special precautions have to be in place,you have to have the people be able to see the dinosaur in order to make a profit all while keeping them safe,in all retrospect he's kinda like a large 2 legged alligator and you know how sneaky they can be.

You also have to have people in the park who has worked with the animals to understand their needs,behaviors,and risk factors,Just like how Muldoon understands the dangers of the raptors.

However despite all this i think Baryonyx should still be a park attraction and something we should be able to experience in the game,with new information of mosasaurus it is understandable that the park was in the process of aquatic enclosurers but not quite 100% ready.
  • edited November 2011
    Well not just that,Baryonyx is partially aquatic and thus they need special needs and being a bigger predator also special precautions have to be in place,you have to have the people be able to see the dinosaur in order to make a profit all while keeping them safe,in all retrospect he's kinda like a large 2 legged alligator and you know how sneaky they can be.

You also have to have people in the park who has worked with the animals to understand their needs,behaviors,and risk factors,Just like how Muldoon understands the dangers of the raptors.

However despite all this i think Baryonyx should still be a park attraction and something we should be able to experience in the game,with new information of mosasaurus it is understandable that the park was in the process of aquatic enclosurers but not quite 100% ready.

in the video it looked like they had posters and signs in the facility for elasmosaurs and xiphactinus....both west interior sea species. so they were gearing up for something.
  • edited November 2011
    Will Baryonyx ever get any love? lol It has a cool bit the The Lost World video game for the PS1 but that's about it.
  • edited November 2011
    One of my favorite dinosaurs as a kid! I don't understand it's more appreciated, they are quite fascinating.
  • edited November 2011
    hmm, i dont know if this was mentioned before or not, but torosaurs was only mentioned in the games to be correct, ive never seen them on the movies, or never heard them say nothing about them, their not even on the list are they? but there are game stating they sneek over there and clone hybrids, not so sure? i dont no if i called it correctly the other three horned creature besides triceratops? please correct me if i am wrong and ty
  • edited November 2011
    hmm, i dont know if this was mentioned before or not, but torosaurs was only mentioned in the games to be correct, ive never seen them on the movies, or never heard them say nothing about them, their not even on the list are they? but there are game stating they sneek over there and clone hybrids, not so sure? i dont no if i called it correctly the other three horned creature besides triceratops? please correct me if i am wrong and ty

Yes, in JP:OG Torosaurus was in the game but hasn't been mentioned anywhere else. Same goes with Homalocephale, Dryosaurus and heaps of others.:confused:
  • edited November 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    in the video it looked like they had posters and signs in the facility for elasmosaurs and xiphactinus....both west interior sea species. so they were gearing up for something.

I'm thinking it's something along the lines of seaworld cept instead of sharks we get aquatic reptiles,maybe some revived underwater extras like Trilo-bytes and such,i'm more curious how they plan to fed them and where they got to surface up for air.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.