Do you guys think Site B might get a mention???

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
the name says it all

Comments

• edited October 2011
    there's a map of isla sorna shown in the aquarium. seeing that harding is an ingen employee, i'd think, although he's not in on everything (e.g. troodons), i think it's incredibly likely that we'll get more of an inside track on ingen operations than we ever have before.
  • edited October 2011
    Well, the interactive tour mentions Site B...
  • edited October 2011
    From the tour page put up today (SPOILERish):
    Dr. Sorkin’s relocation to the field lab has allowed Dr. Wu to meet the goals required for the park to launch on schedule. However, her invaluable insights mean that her continued employment is necessary. Concerns have been expressed over her work on animals that are not financially viable, either through poor exhibit qualities or where they present an unacceptable danger to park visitors and staff. In many ways, she appears to be more concerned about the animals of the park than financially-driven goals mandated by InGen corporate. Recommend reassignment to Site B population research and development.

So, I guess that's the answer. :D Although I don't think it will play much of a role in the game, aside from the acknowledgement that at least some of the characters are aware of its existence.
  • edited October 2011
    From the tour page put up today (SPOILERish):

So, I guess that's the answer. :D Although I don't think it will play much of a role in the game, aside from the acknowledgement that at least some of the characters are aware of its existence.

i cant find this passage...it just says InGen security interface. is there a password im missing???
  • edited October 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    i cant find this passage...it just says InGen security interface. is there a password im missing???

It's from the Field Lab location, upper left area on the map.
    If the computer asks for the magic word, just say "
    please.
    " :D
  • edited October 2011
    I think she is the answer to the who created the spinosaurus question....
  • edited October 2011
    yankeetrex wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.
  • edited October 2011
    yankeetrex wrote: »
    Wow, that's brilliant! :)
  • edited November 2011
    You might get a mention of Site B in the hatchery if that is a location in the game,certain computer if accessiable may also have mention of it,they may even do what Arkham Asylum did and have a secret room with sequel plans for Site B which would be really neat

As for the spinosauros little mention,i was under the impression they did not list some species down on the charts as they had their own plans despite hammonds intentions,specifially im saying Ingen may have done it behind hammonds back for research and even militairy applications in addition to park attractions.
  • edited November 2011
    military applications :)
  • edited November 2011
    I think InGen's species list only got updated once they decided they may be viable for the park. Once Spinosaurus was on the island. I guess InGen decided it was far too large to be a viable dinosaur. Like for example the Raptors and Pterosaurs in JPIII. Only a thought.
  • edited November 2011
    The most logical reason things aren't on the "list" (eg Spino) is that, as mentioned in both book and film, they did not know what they were making when trying out new DNA and often even after it hatched could not correctly identify it until it reached maturity.

Hence the Spino was likely an egg/hatchling abandoned when site B was evacuated and thus never on the list or it was thought to be more Baronyx in its juvenile state and only after the site was abandoned did it grow enough to make it clear what it was.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.