Could we preload the game?

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I think it would be nice if we could download the launcher, so we have it ready. Then release an update with the game files when it comes out. That way the servers aren't as clogged to download the launcher.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I share your desire to get and play the game as fast as possible.. but the games usually download pretty fast even on release days... The forums on the other hand not so much :P
  • edited October 2011
    Aw :P

But you guys should take in the preload idea, basically you download the game early, then when the time comes you allow people to actually LAUNCH the game.
  • edited October 2011
    To offer a preload the game would have to be completed sometime before the release date. With Telltale game they are often tweaking and fixing little things right down to the wire. So while we'd like to be able to preload a game I don't think it's technically feasible for them.
  • edited October 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    To offer a preload the game would have to be completed sometime before the release date. With Telltale game they are often tweaking and fixing little things right down to the wire. So while we'd like to be able to preload a game I don't think it's technically feasible for them.

Shouldn't the game be done the night before it's release?

Or on the same week? The preload idea would be for the same week of release, or night before.
  • edited October 2011

Actually, considering that it's launching same day on a disk for 360...wouldn't the game technically be done already?
  • edited October 2011
    Shouldn't the game be done the night before it's release?

Or on the same week? The preload idea would be for the same week of release, or night before.

Most games, yeah, but most games have long development cycles. But Telltale makes episodic games which need short development cycles. You should see how intense the bitching around here gets when an episode is taking longer than a month with no sign of a release date. Telltale need every day they can get to finish some of these things off and that's just the way their business model works and that is so far the only method of releasing episodic games that's worked.
    Actually, considering that it's launching same day on a disk for 360...wouldn't the game technically be done already?

That's true, JP is different because they are releasing it all at once but once it is done I'm sure they will go back to releasing series' one episode at a time so it is probably not worth their while to implement a preload system for just one game. Or maybe it is, who knows?
  • edited October 2011
    Most games, yeah, but most games have long development cycles. But Telltale makes episodic games which need short development cycles. You should see how intense the bitching around here gets when an episode is taking longer than a month with no sign of a release date. Telltale need every day they can get to finish some of these things off and that's just the way their business model works and that is so far the only method of releasing episodic games that's worked.

That's true, JP is different because they are releasing it all at once but once it is done I'm sure they will go back to releasing series' one episode at a time so it is probably not worth their while to implement a preload system for just one game. Or maybe it is, who knows?

Thing is, Telltale already FINISHED the game, all 4 episodes will be released on the 15th.

So a preload would work now.
  • edited October 2011
    Thing is, Telltale already FINISHED the game, all 4 episodes will be released on the 15th.

So a preload would work now.

What I said:
    JP is different because they are releasing it all at once but once it is done I'm sure they will go back to releasing series' one episode at a time so it is probably not worth their while to implement a preload system for just one game. Or maybe it is, who knows?

Edit: This just popped up in another thread.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm interested to know if we'll get to pre-download. I don't want to wait 8 hours while the whole thing downloads. Telltale could easily put a timer thingy that unlocks the game on the release date...

Just a suggestion :)
  • edited November 2011
    Sporelord wrote: »
    I'm interested to know if we'll get to pre-download. I don't want to wait 8 hours while the whole thing downloads. Telltale could easily put a timer thingy that unlocks the game on the release date...

Just a suggestion :)

has already been asked, you have to be patient: theres no way to get the game before November 15th.
  • edited November 2011
    Wait...all episodes will be finished and playable on the 15th? I think I missed that bit of news.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Maniac536 wrote: »
    Wait...all episodes will be finished and playable on the 15th? I think I missed that bit of news.

Yep, that's right. The JP episodes will be released all at once (unlike Telltale's usual model of 1 episode every month or so).
  • edited November 2011
    Yep, that's right
Sign in to comment in this discussion.