was it planned?

In the tour of the park, there was a Quarantine pen were there was troodon in there. So did only some people know since the other staff didn't need to on account of it being highly dangerous? Or was it top secret?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    In the tour of the park, there was a Quarantine pen were there was troodon in there. So did only some people know since the other staff didn't need to on account of it being highly dangerous? Or was it top secret?

the text says:
    plus its inherent nocturnality make it a dangerous species to handle with very little tourism appeal.

I think it is some kind of a secret, at least InGen wont make it public, since there is no interest by the tourists
  • edited November 2011
    but then going by paleontologists theories the velocoraptor was also nocturnal so would not be out during the day there seems to be some poetic lisence taken reguarding raptors so why not with other dinos
  • edited November 2011
    I love this secrecy part of the game! I'm so excited for this game!
  • edited November 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »
    i love this secrecy part of the game! I'm so excited for this game!

agreed! :D
  • edited November 2011
    I think Dr. Sorkin is
    a big animal lover and doesn't think life should be extinguished just for the sake of profit and loss. So she used the good ol' speed trick of recordings of an empty pen run on loop so it looks like the pen is empty. That way Nedry unlocks the "empty" quarantine pen he doesn't know such dangerous animals are still in there ready to get out!
  • edited November 2011
    Tyrant, that'd explain
    why the time-code and footage jumps around so much on the explore the island site.
  • edited November 2011
    spikesboy wrote: »
    but then going by paleontologists theories the velocoraptor was also nocturnal so would not be out during the day there seems to be some poetic lisence taken reguarding raptors so why not with other dinos

JP dino's are formed based on what we knew when they were created. The POSSIBLITY they were nocturnal is a relatively recent discovery and theory (that isn't even all tht certain) same as their feathers are hence JP lacks these features.
  • edited November 2011
    Of course there's artistic license. For one, velociraptors were supposed to be much smaller than the book/movie velociraptors. And then there's the dilo poison, which is not factually supported. And skin colors and lack of feathers. Much as we like to think we know, we don't know much about dinosaurs, let alone Frankenstein monsters created in a lab that are partially dinosaurs.
  • edited November 2011
    Ofnir wrote: »
    Tyrant, that'd explain
    why the time-code and footage jumps around so much on the explore the island site.

Eyyyyyyyy you see where I got my theory :cool:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.