"Live" Streaming Dinosaurs, How 'Bout it?

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
So my fiance and I have been watching the live polar bear cam (http://explore.org/#!/live-cams/player/polar-bear-tundra-buggy-cam) and suddenly my fiance says, "I want a live dinosaur cam." LOL. I admit, it would be pretty neat to have a screensaver of dinosaurs in their "natural habitat". Well, JP being JP, it's anything but natural, but you know what I mean. :)

Comments

• edited November 2011
    That would be really cool! If we could have like a certain section of the game where we can watch the animals roam around in their natural habitat!
  • edited November 2011
    Now there's something worth seeing. Hell, I'd even pay money for it.
  • edited November 2011
    That would be fantastic to see something like this. Closest thing I have is watching dinos in Site B mode on Operation Genesis. With behavior mods, of course. Don't need my Triceratops running around attacking T-rexes that are just trying to get a little shut-eye.
  • edited November 2011
    See now I want to watch one where a goat rises from the ground for munching.

Oh or a raptor pen one where a cow gets lowered.
  • edited November 2011
    oh! someone could set up a 24/7 server running a 3D environment populated with dinosaurs!

the dinosaurs would be fitted with these lifelike models, derived from top-voted entries of a separate 'design a dino model' competition!

and they'd be fitted with some epic AI, with dynamic evaluation of the environment and pseudo-reasoning.

the environment would be beautifully rendered, of course.

now all we need is a camera object in our virtual park to see everything.
    then stream it live.

PROBLEM SOLVED
  • edited November 2011
    I used to have a website called Jurassic Park Hatchery (a long long long time ago) that had a section with "Park Cams", but they were just images from the movies and elsewhere set to cycle. Same idea though, but nowehere near as awesome as what someone could make now.
  • edited November 2011
    This idea=Best. Screensaver. Ever.
  • edited November 2011
    You all realize that these are the kind of thoughts that lead to Jurassic Park in the first place right? xD
Sign in to comment in this discussion.