Other Companies Like Telltale

edited May 2007 in General Chat
While noone can be near the quality of Telltale, I am looking for more downloadable bite sized gaming. Telltale can only offer me so much and I want to know if there are any other companies that offer similar experiences. Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Gosh, I can't think of any other companies like Telltale. I know of companies similar to them, but I don't know of any that are into episodic games. I'll keep my eyes out though. :)
  • edited April 2007
    Gimme similar ones then.
  • edited April 2007
    Steam is probably the closest you'll ever get, even though they're more into "Episode-a-few-years" rather than "episode-a-month"
    But Steam still sorta works because it has a lot of small, cheap games on it.Well, maybe not "small." You can get Deus Ex for $10, Prey for $20, Half-Life 1 or 2 for $10, (or throw in Episode 1 for $5), and a bunch of indie games. Like GameTap, you download them, and they're associated with your account, so you never lose the game unless you forget your password. Try em out.
    www.steamgames.com
  • edited April 2007
    I've done the Steam thing, not really what I'm looking for. I'm enjoying MSN Games right now. Especially their "Enhanced for Vista" section, but it's just not the same as good ole Telltale.
  • edited May 2007
    Introversion's pretty cool. They're not really anything like Telltale, but oh well.

www.introversion.co.uk
    There games are on Steam, but if you don't like Steam you can buy direct from their website. Each of their games are radically different, but they're all fun. :P (Try the demos before judging anything!)
  • edited May 2007
    Pretty cool indeed! That Defcon game looks like something Max would play :D I'm going to download a demo right away.
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    You can even play Defcon online with the demo. I recommend you to check their dev blog too.
    I also liked Darwinia, it reminded me of older times, good simple games (simple graphics, pure gameplay)
  • edited May 2007
    I got Darwinia from MSN Games.
  • edited May 2007
    Keadin wrote: »
    I got Darwinia from MSN Games.

Enjoying the fancy shader effects that non-steam, non-MSN, non-Beta-Testing customers don't get (yet)? :D
  • edited May 2007
    HAHAHA. Lol. That and the xbox 360 control mapping.
  • edited May 2007
    www.reflexive.com

If you're looking for casual games, they have quite a lot. A lot of crap though.. but some games are good enough. I don't really enjoy casual games very much myself though but it's nice to have sometimes when I'm too lazy/bored to do much of anything.
  • edited May 2007
    Here's something you might want to check out.

Penumbra: Overture - Episode One Review

http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,741

http://frictionalgames.com/
  • edited May 2007
    I just finished that game a couple hours ago, funny you should mention it. Penumbra is fantastic. :D (Plus it runs beautifully, even with everything maxed out on my fairly modest system)

Definitely had some scary moments.
  • edited May 2007
    Can someone stop loving TellTale ?
    NO !
    KUZ THEY ARE GREAT , THEY ARE GREAT , THEY ARE GREAT , THEY ARE GREAT , THEY ARE GREAT , THEY ARE GREAT , THEY ARE GREAT , THEY ARE GREAT and THEY ARE GREAT.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.