Jurassic Park Professional Wallpaper

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I have made a custom Jp fan photo in photoshop! I made it fit Mac users and Pc. I have made it on a 27inch Imac so no worries about it looking stretched. If you want to change something about the photo just ask me in the comments and il put the project file up! In edition to the epic new JP game coming out in 2 weeks I made this photo for fans....Comment on what you like and don't like about it Thanks! Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?d23k5e57p7rto3g
Preview http://imgur.com/57NgL

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Because it's a .psd

Resave it as a .png and upload to imgur.com
  • edited November 2011
    Okay got it!
  • edited November 2011
    Oh dear that is by no means "professional", especially as you seem to lack any concept of screen resolution. I have a 13inch macbook pro and at full size its nowhere as big as my screen and not even screen shaped, it's too tall and thin compared to screen shapes, clearly your system is on a rather low resolution if its "made to fit" your 27 inch screen.
  • edited November 2011
    Just so its posted here, said image resolution is 1024x768.

I just have a couple of suggestions. One, I'd work on the text in the image a bit and see if you can get it took look a little more "at home" (for a lack of better terminology). It just doesn't look right to me. I'd try using one of the fonts used in the movies such as the font from the JP Logo or the movies credits. At the very least one that looks more primal or animalistic. I'd probably lower the opacity of it too to make it a little less prominent. Two, whenever you make wallpapers, it's inevitable that whatever size you make won't perfectly fit everybody's screens (as Emo pointed out, a little rudely I might add). I recommend making them at 1920x1080 first, as that's the biggest resolution (and probably most common by now too) so that all you have to do to make smaller version is scale down and crop.
  • edited November 2011
    What is the font of Jurassic Park called? And if you have photo shop you can always just edit it in there for your screen resolution.
  • edited November 2011
    @Emo Hoe When I saved mine The words where cut off so I moved the picture slightly down. I'm not sure why it cant fit your screen, Your screen is a lot smaller then mine so thats weird. Like I said if you ever want to edit it your self just ask and the project file will be up. Thanks
  • edited November 2011
    Because my screen is set to a higher resolution than yours.
    If your screen is set to 1024x768 (the size tht image is) it'll fit fine mine is 1280x800 which means it would be stretched and deformed in shape to fit.

The size in inches of the screen means nothing in terms of resolution; I could set mine to 800x600 resolution with a 45inch screen and make an 800x600 image and it'd fit perfectly; but as soon as I turn the resolution back up to say 1920x1080 the image will only fill ~1/4 of the screen.
  • edited November 2011
    Just open it up in photo shop and make fit your resolution of the screen
  • edited November 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    Oh dear that is by no means "professional", especially as you seem to lack any concept of screen resolution. I have a 13inch macbook pro and at full size its nowhere as big as my screen and not even screen shaped, it's too tall and thin compared to screen shapes, clearly your system is on a rather low resolution if its "made to fit" your 27 inch screen.

...i wouldnt be hurling condesending comments when you just let the world know you have a mac...... just saying
  • edited November 2011
    Im not sure if this will fit Linux or not but let me know....
  • edited November 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    ...i wouldnt be hurling condesending comments when you just let the world know you have a mac...... Just saying

:D hehehe
  • edited November 2011
    What is the font of Jurassic Park called? And if you have photo shop you can always just edit it in there for your screen resolution.
    1. I don't know what the name of it is. Try just googling "jurassic park font", that's how I found it five years ago when I used it for a project.
    2. Just FYI, most people aren't going to bother to make that effort themselves.
    Im not sure if this will fit Linux or not but let me know....
    Even though I've never used Linux, I'm pretty sure they use the same basic screen resolutions as Windows and Mac. Matter of fact, I'm also pretty sure it has more to do with the monitor than the operating system.
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    ...i wouldnt be hurling condesending comments when you just let the world know you have a mac...... just saying
    Roflmao
Sign in to comment in this discussion.