Game Length?

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Hello,
I am sorry if this has been answered before. I was having a hard time finding it. I was just wondering if there is any estimate on how long it will take to play through each episode for the story. I only ask because I am trying to decide between buying it for the PS3 or PC.

I really want all of the special little stuff that the Deluxe Edition comes with. However, a couple people I know really want to watch me play through the game so they want me to hook it up to my 50 inch tv. (Im not really sure how good the quality will be if i do hook it up via HDMI.) I can hook my PC up the the large TV but this will involve moving it. More or less, I am trying to figure out the time it will take to beat the game to try to figure out which seems more feasible.

I am sorry for the long explanation for the question. Thanks for any insight.

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Previous Telltale games have been around 2-4 hours per episode, so for Jurassic Park (4 episodes) at a guess I'd say it would take 8-16 hours to get through the whole game.

What you're planning sounds awesome btw - hope you enjoy the JP party!
  • edited November 2011
    Depending on gaming sessions and how often you play. I would say roughly two to four days total.

But depending if you're comfortable playing on a Play Station 3 I would go for that option less hassle.
  • edited November 2011
    Those estimates from Puzzlebox sound about right. There's lots of stuff to interact with that doesn't necessarily move the game forward. Lots of little treats for fans of the movies.

For what it's worth, my 50" HDTV functions as my main PC display, using HDMI. Works perfectly.

As another aside, the JP party you're planning is actually something we were expecting, and the iPad 2 version probably offers the best experience in that regard, if you also have the TV adapter or an AppleTV to take advantage of Airplay. You play the game normally on the iPad and everything is output to the TV minus the user interface, so your friends gets the full cinematic experience. It's a great use of the technology, and really awesome in practice.
  • edited November 2011
    There's lots of stuff to interact with that doesn't necessarily move the game forward. Lots of little treats for fans of the movies.

Now THATS what I want to hear! :-)

The length? Probably 3 hours per episode, so maybe 12 hours in total?
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks for all the help. I wish I had an IPAD 2 to play this on but sadly I dont! I am really looking forward to playing this game with friends and family. (And myself another time through so i can enjoy the little parts since im a JP nerd.) I have a decent gaming PC so I am aiming towards that direction now. A couple more questions if anyone has the answers.

I had Read somewhere that an Xbox360 USB controller will be usable on the PC, I assume this wont also work for the PS3 controllers? I ask because Im currently working on the logistics of where I could place my keyboard by the TV =D.

This one may have been answered elsewhere but I could not find it and im sure it is asked a lot. Is there any time frame on when the Deluxe Edition will stop being sold?
  • edited November 2011
    Solzean wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help. I wish I had an IPAD 2 to play this on but sadly I dont! I am really looking forward to playing this game with friends and family. (And myself another time through so i can enjoy the little parts since im a JP nerd.) I have a decent gaming PC so I am aiming towards that direction now. A couple more questions if anyone has the answers.

I had Read somewhere that an Xbox360 USB controller will be usable on the PC, I assume this wont also work for the PS3 controllers? I ask because Im currently working on the logistics of where I could place my keyboard by the TV =D.

This one may have been answered elsewhere but I could not find it and im sure it is asked a lot. Is there any time frame on when the Deluxe Edition will stop being sold?

i dunno i use a usb ps2 controller to play burnout on my pc. a friend brought his ps3 over..i plugged in and it worked just like a ps3 controller.
  • edited November 2011
    http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-playstation-3-controller-64-bit-windows-7-vista/

Here's a guide on how to get the PS3 gamepad working. It's not plug and play like the 360 controller is, but it's doable.

We don't have a specific time frame on when the Deluxe Edition will sell out, but they definitely do have a finite quantity, and they've been selling really well. You'd probably be safe getting an order in by early December, but beyond that, it's hard to say.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.