Moving my games to Steam

edited November 2011 in Game Support
Hello,

I have been using Steam for all of my games for some time now and really like the format. I was interested in your games and decided to buy it and then afterwards I found out it was also being released on steam!

What I would like is to add my existing copy of back to the future to my steam account but I don't know where to start.

Please let me know what I can do.

Ozavatar.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I think there's an option in one of the drop-down menus on Steam to use it as a launcher for non-Steam games. But you can't trade in Telltale-website-bought games for Steam-bought-games, if that's what you mean.
  • edited November 2011
    I think there's an option in one of the drop-down menus on Steam to use it as a launcher for non-Steam games. But you can't trade in Telltale-website-bought games for Steam-bought-games, if that's what you mean.

Well the reason for my request is so any computer I'm on I can just get Steam and download it and play my game.

Am I likely to get an official response from this forum?

Thanks.
  • edited November 2011
    This is not an official response, but it IS one from someone who has attempted to do what you have done before multiple times.

1. Do you want a Steam copy of the game, or do you want your copies to be visible and launched from Steam?

If you want a Steam copy, then you have to buy it separately. Steam and Telltale are independent distribution services. Telltale gives you discs when you buy from them, and Steam usually has better sales. It's ultimately up to you wether you want the game (and nothing else) really, really cheaply, or if you want the bonus discs and other goodies that Telltale offers as a package when you buy from their store (even the standard edition comes with a bonus disc on most of their titles).

If you just want the games you have already purchased to be launchable from Steam- Steam has provided a good tutorial here.

Hope this helps.
  • edited November 2011
    Thank you for the response! I guess I will just have to buy the game again.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    ozavatar wrote: »
    Thank you for the response! I guess I will just have to buy the game again.
    Or you could always download it from your "Your Games" page as often as you need (Telltale is pretty liberal with the number of times you can unlock a game you purchased from their store).
This discussion has been closed.