Ps3 or Mac ?

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Hi everybody,

as with every Telltale game, i intend to buy Jurassic Park, yet i am not sure if my mac is capable of rendering the Game smoothly, i have seen the specs, and my mac fulfills theme, but only barely, therefore i wanted to ask if it would be better to get the game for the PS3 ? And would an upgrade from 4 GB to 12 GB RAM Help ?

These are my IMac Specs:

3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

i greatly appreciate your help, thanks in advance :)

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Moubayed wrote: »
    Hi everybody,

as with every Telltale game, i intend to buy Jurassic Park, yet i am not sure if my mac is capable of rendering the Game smoothly, i have seen the specs, and my mac fulfills theme, but only barely, therefore i wanted to ask if it would be better to get the game for the PS3 ? And would an upgrade from 4 GB to 12 GB RAM Help ?

These are my IMac Specs:

3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

i greatly appreciate your help, thanks in advance :)

You Mac is meeting the requirements:

Processor: 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM

I think there is no need to upgrade your RAM as long as you don't want to play BF3 or such. However, If I remember correctly you can only upgrade to 8 GB Ram.
    Your graphic card could be better, but I think It will still play very nice, as TTG makes good, smooth ports.

My last iMac (now I am on a Hackintosh) was an iMac IC2D 2,8Ghz, 2 GB Ram, 512 Mb Vram and I never had any problems playing TTG in high quality.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    My iMac specs:
    2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB

I had no problem whatsoever playing Back to the Future in the highest quality.
    Not sure if my graphic card would be enough for Jurassic Park (it should still work fine with a lower graphic quality, though).

As for a memory upgrade, piccobello might be right about the 8 GB upgrade limit.
    To find out the maximum possible RAM for your computer, you can always download the Crucial System Scanner.
  • edited November 2011
    your system is fine you over meet some of the requirments that the mac needs and mind you jurassic park only takes up 2 gigs of ram so no need for more then 4, the only time your gonna need more then 4 is for hardcore buisness stuff. you have a pretty good graphics card in there so you should be able to play with out any hassle.
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks for your quick answers, ill buy the game for the Mac system and hopefully it will be able to render the graphics decent, it would suck to put all the settings to "low" just to play the game ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.