Gameplay/freedom

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Is the entire game just going to be pressing a key at the right moment when it tells you to? Or are we going to be able to walk around and explore the park and get a little more freedom then what the demo shows?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    the gameplay is split basically into 2 parts:
    A) exploring/pluzzle solving
    B) action sequences

A) with the analog sticks you move the camera through the 3D-scene to look around. if there are certain objects to interact with they are highlighted by the specific button promt. (A, Y, LB....) if you want to leave the scene you open a navigation menu which gives you the option to choose a nearby area you want to observe (or to switch to another person). after you have made your choise the character will walk to this area and then you can explore the new scene the same way.
    if you talk to a person, there's often a tree of answers which you can choose from. this belongs to the puzzle solving.
    what is not possible, is to actually move a charakter free in a scene like in BTTF or TOMI.

B) during the action sequences QTE are used. if you don't succeed in pressing the right button at the right time you will eventually die. then the game restarts from the last checkpoint (which is mostly just a few seconds earlier).

so basically this game is aimed to a very cinematic feeling and litterally feels like an interactive movie to me. its emphasis is on a strong story and intense moments of suspense. don't expect a lot of free roam gameplay here.
  • edited November 2011
    JP4Life wrote: »
    Is the entire game just going to be pressing a key at the right moment when it tells you to? Or are we going to be able to walk around and explore the park and get a little more freedom then what the demo shows?

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks i will pick it up tomorrow i hope it was worth the wait.
  • edited November 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

hehehe

this made my night.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.