Next jp game mirrors edge mix fps.

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I think the mirrors edge gameplay would be awsome for a open world jp game with rare weapons/tranks like the movie. Also mix wit condemend gameplay where everything and anything can be a weapon to defend. Telltale games are lower budget tush more point and click but if this game sells well and with jp4 confirmed again to be coming in the future i see a huge consumer base for jp themed entertainment. Old jp games had problems they all ended up being gun games where that doesnt fullow the theme of jp. I would love to see telltale to try to make a game like this. Yes more risks higher costs but the jp franchise deserves this.

Also they shuld try to get speilberg involved in directing the game, the game industry has crushed the movie industry im profits. I think getting real high end screenplay writers fore movies or books like michaelcriton and a merge of movie industry and game industry would produce great movie based games.

The game is going to sell crazy fact, mark my words it will hit the top of the charts for digital download, like battlefield 1943 did on the psn/xbox live

Comments

• edited November 2011
    But.... that isn't really what Jurassic Park is all about... Not once did someone in the books or movies go Rambo on the animals...

JP is about the story.
  • edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    But.... that isn't really what Jurassic Park is all about... Not once did someone in the books or movies go Rambo on the animals...

JP is about the story.

The end of the third movie was close to it... but don't get me started on that ending. oh wait wrong Rambo :P

Every game needs some kind of gimmick though. You can't just have a game be running and hiding for 5-10hrs.
  • edited November 2011
    mrGREEK360 wrote: »
    Also they shuld try to get speilberg involved in directing the game,

I think he's a little too busy doing his own stuff. Just a little.
  • edited November 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    The end of the third movie was close to it...

i don't count the third movie as a "jurassic park" movie :D
  • edited November 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    i don't count the third movie as a "jurassic park" movie :D
    Would Jurassic Park: The Game count as Jurassic Park 1.5?
  • edited November 2011
    Would Jurassic Park: The Game count as Jurassic Park 1.5?

I'm pretty sure it does. At least they seem to take the spirit of JP to make something new, which I miss in JP3.
  • edited November 2011
    I'd love first person perspective & free roam....

at least for me the basic concept of Trespasser was perfect:
    FPS.... first person survival...

if you want to stay true to the license or the content of the story it's more about simple surviving in a world of genetically reproduced animals. man with his (more or less) knowledge of science who thinks he can control nature. but even the highest developed control systems have their weak spots, especially when man's greedy egocentric characteristics show up.
    and it's the confrontation between nowadays high-tech and jurassic biology where you have to deal with the environment and its inhabitants. all based on scientific facts.
    it's also about the feeling of being isolated in this world full of animals and not monsters. it's not about heavy gunplay but hiding and avoiding.

despite all these personal favour I am really looking forward to Telltale's approach of the license. But I compare this game more to those gamebooks where you were able to decide what to do next.
    Litterally I think it is an evolution of this concept done with visual media.
  • edited November 2011
    The park had guns in the first movie for defensive reasons. I dont want a gun game but where you end up with guns like condemed where you rarley had guns but had everyday objects as defensive weapons which would go along with the theme of defensive weapons like stun guns tranq guns and ocasional shotguns. The park had weapons and we saw them in the first movie. If you guyys to take the time to check out the game mirrors edge which is puzzle free runing type game for puzzle and story aspects and high action survival scenes where you use anything to survive(not guns) i belive this would be a great game. This is no tourok game guns would only be used 5% of the time just like jp1. Jp 2 and 3 were heavy gun orientated which killed the mood for the younger audiance which parents dont like.

As for those who said steven spielberg to busy? Dont be to sure because the game iindustry now dwarf the movie industry. Gamesare cheaper they sell more and cost59.99 compared to a movie that costs millions and only costs 5$ at the movies and 19$ to buy.

With games becomming more realistic the gamers will demand better story telling thus getting rid of the Blist gamewriters and will bring in A lis authors and move scrip writers. I can see on day jk rolling writing story for harry potter games, its. Not the graphics that makes a game its the story.

We already see movie companies moving into the game industry insead of letting crappy devs make their games. The movie industry has been in a ddownward spiral for the past 10 years because games are the future, they are just more immersive.

I really belive this jp game is the future oof the movie industry wwhere we are in control of it BUT JP has such a great story, it would be sad if we never see an open world sandbox jp game.

Oh i know steven isnt a writer but i belive the game insustry needs movie directors, they are their craftors of their trade and which is lacking in games.

Telltale are great story tellers but the industry is going to change and fast, i just hope they realize what they have and capatilize on trying to aquire more talent.
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it does. At least they seem to take the spirit of JP to make something new, which I miss in JP3.

It counts as Jurassic Park Gaiden :P
  • edited November 2011
    Sinaz20 wrote: »
    It counts as Jurassic Park Gaiden :P

hey sin are u goin to post the game soon
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    thcoolnam wrote: »
    hey sin are u goin to post the game soon

I am not at liberty to say-- the game is out of my hands.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.