It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand. (JP Jeep build plan in the works)

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
NO, this has nothing to do with any of that "Ruined Wrangler" business we all hear SO MUCH ABOUT, so please refrain from using this topic to whine, moan, complain, or rant.

I was just wondering if any of the good folks on the forum know of any good stores that sell movie accurate decals, I made the decision today that I will be buying a Second Jeep soon
( already own and drive one), and want to take the roll bar out(very easy to do) and ... make myself a Jurassic Park Jeep!

I have enough reference for the paint scheme and I know enough about jeeps to be able to take apart one fairly easily, but I have NO idea at all as to where to buy the different decals for it :confused:

searching didn't yield very useful results for me.

I plan to buy a cheap 1992 Sahara Edition, I already own a 2000 Sahara, and have previously owned a 1991 Sahara, but as any real Jeep nut knows, the '92 model was the first to get rid of the "Kid Crusher" roll bar lol, so my '91 never really cut it for me, and of course the 2000 is a totally different model (TJ).

if anybody has links that would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    NO, this has nothing to do with any of that "Ruined Wrangler" business we all hear SO MUCH ABOUT, so please refrain from using this topic to whine, moan, complain, or rant.

I was just wondering if any of the good folks on the forum know of any good stores that sell movie accurate decals, I made the decision today that I will be buying a Second Jeep soon
    ( already own and drive one), and want to take the roll bar out(very easy to do) and ... make myself a Jurassic Park Jeep!

I have enough reference for the paint scheme and I know enough about jeeps to be able to take apart one fairly easily, but I have NO idea at all as to where to buy the different decals for it :confused:

I plan to buy a cheap 1992 Sahara Edition, I already own a 2000 Sahara, and have previously owned a 1991 Sahara, but as any real Jeep nut knows, the '92 model was the first to get rid of the "Kid Crusher" roll bar lol, so my '91 never really cut it for me, and of course the 2000 is a totally different model (TJ).

I believe you can find the right decals on eBay for a fair price. It's worth looking into

Edit: Found it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/JURASSIC-PARK-JEEP-KIT-DINOSAUR-SAFARI-CRESTS-DECALS-/280727589513?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415cab1289

It contains all the decals you would need (customizable to boot) as well as a customized auto tag. Hope this helped
  • edited November 2011

I have been in the process of doing that to mine (doing a modern TJ version of it, I like the round headlights) but most of the decals you are going to have to have made up custom for you at decal shops (can cost anywhere from $30-50 each for the door and about the same for the hood) altho I would recommend painting the hood and side numbers and leaving only the 2 door logos as vinyl decals.

You can find everything you need at this site,
    http://www.jurassicparkjeep.com/forum/index.php

Colors, pdf files for decals, part names, even people selling parts (or finding parts for others) and of course others Jeep projects.
  • edited November 2011
    Awesome! Thanks guys for the quick responses!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.