Jurassic News

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
i'm not sure where this came from, but i've had it saved on my computer for quite some time. anyway, i thought this would be an appropriate time and an appropriate place to share it. the images are kind of on the large size, but i don't think anyone is going to mind. if anyone can shed any light on what it is or where it's from, i'd be interested to know. enjoy!

jpnews_issue01pg01.jpg
jpnews_issue01pg02.jpg
jpnews_issue01pg03.jpg
jpnews_issue01pg04.jpg
jpnews_issue02pg01.jpg
jpnews_issue02pg02.jpg
jpnews_issue02pg03.jpg
jpnews_issue02pg04.jpg
jpnews_issue03pg01.jpg
jpnews_issue03pg02.jpg
jpnews_issue03pg03.jpg
jpnews_issue03pg04.jpg

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Thanks for the upload, i've seen those already anywhere in the internets.

It's funny how they try to make it like Jurassic Park it's real. However, if I would have been in the marketing, I wouldn't have produced this t-shirt:

20111115-cyqq19h4q5d17r2x4h22weqniy.jpg

"System failure"? Not the right thing to promote a park, isnt it?
    :D
  • edited November 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    Thanks for the upload, i've seen those already anywhere in the internets.

It's funny how they try to make it like Jurassic Park it's real. However, if I would have been in the marketing, I wouldn't have produced this t-shirt:

20111115-cyqq19h4q5d17r2x4h22weqniy.jpg

"System failure"? Not the right thing to promote a park, isnt it?
    :D

LOL

no, not really.
  • edited November 2011
    Also notice in the last photo of the T-Rex paddock: The fence ends right before the tunnel. I don't think the T-Rex was a very intelligent creature, but it would've been trivial to just, y'know, walk around, no?

And not only that, notice that there's LAND on the other side of the fence. Where did that land disappear to and where did the sudden dropoff come from when the T-Rex got through the fence and pushed that Explorer over the barrier?
  • edited November 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    Also notice in the last photo of the T-Rex paddock: The fence ends right before the tunnel. I don't think the T-Rex was a very intelligent creature, but it would've been trivial to just, y'know, walk around, no?

And not only that, notice that there's LAND on the other side of the fence. Where did that land disappear to and where did the sudden dropoff come from when the T-Rex got through the fence and pushed that Explorer over the barrier?

actually this happens when you build a set and use a camera angle that captures the END of a movie set :)

and this also shows what happens when you use 2 different filming locations for one set and mess with continuity while shooting a movie. BUT we can explain that with the movie because the acutal perspective in this NEWSpaper isn't used in the film.
    so we never really see that there's solid ground beside the feeding spot.

here's an explanation of this really OLD issue of Jurassic Park:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=557730#post557730
  • edited November 2011

Hahaha! :D :D :D

I also noticed the island is only 22sq miles. That isn't very large, in fact you could walk the whole island pretty easily like walking around a small/medium sized town (11 miles x 11 miles approx). I can walk a mile in about 13 minutes :P

This is crazy considering the extra dinos on Sorna ready to be transported one day onto Nublar during Phase II and III
  • edited November 2011

It's a mistake, a big one, and there is no other explanation for it.
  • edited November 2011
    Piccobello!

I want that shirt!

Where the %$%#$$# do i buy it?!!
  • edited November 2011
    piccobello!

I want that shirt!

Where the %$%#$$# do i buy it?!!

• edited November 2011

That's when. Where would probably involve Doc's time machine... (that would solve the "when", too, but...)
  • edited November 2011

so there's likely no chance ever finding this shirt again?
  • edited November 2011

Well, you might be able to find one on eBay.
  • edited November 2011

It was never actually made ready for purchase, it was likely one of a kind solely for the Promotional Newspapers picture. :(
  • edited November 2011
    well im not gonna sit here and dream.

Where's a larger (or higher-res) image of that shirt.

I'm gonna replicate it and make my own.
  • edited November 2011
    Wow, only $50 for an all day pass? They could have easily charged $2,000 a day, $10,000 a day, and people will pay it!

Beavermatic, check on ebay. JP shirts turn up on there from time to time.
    It's based on concept artwork by Crash McCreary of Stan Winston Studio. Here's a higher resolution image of the original artworkif you want to try to create your own version:
    1498909531lg.th.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    Here are some other wild examples of shirts and clothing they made back in the day. Personally, I've always wanted the JP boxer shorts.

459582730o.th.jpg

459582842o.th.jpg

459582890o.th.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    Personally, I've always wanted the JP boxer shorts.

Personally I prefer to keep dinosaurs away from my dangly bits.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.