Only If.....

edited May 2007 in General Chat
If you controlled a game company, what would you have to keep you'r staff happy. I'd make a Drunkeness day, on friday, you HAVE to get drunk or you get fired! make a hillarious day! 20-30 drunk people in one group, hillarious sight.

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Make them develop a sim-game called "Sim Game Company".

Wait... is recursion allowed?
  • MelMel
    edited April 2007
    Trixie wrote: »
    If you controlled a game company, what would you have to keep you'r staff happy. I'd make a Drunkeness day, on friday, you HAVE to get drunk or you get fired! make a hillarious day! 20-30 drunk people in one group, hillarious sight.

That might be a bummer for those that don't drink alcohol. ;)
  • edited April 2007
    Nap time!
  • edited April 2007
    TIKI TUESDAYS....... YAY!!!!! :D

Sam: do you have any 24 carrot gold plated 11-3/4 auto speed margarita daiquiri mixers with optional bulit-in heated massage.......

Bosco: let me check, i am sure i have one in the dumpster out back

Max: oh boy! just what ive always wanted

Sam: i though you always wanted to race all the secret service agents in a no holds barred 100-to-one demolition derby to the death

Max: not with the price of gas these days

Sam: we never pay for gas anyway........ mr yen is always too slow in chasing us down the street with the shotgun

Max: you're right, never mind bosco..... well just take 10 sludgies

Bosco: mothers maiden name, your 2003 tax return, and proof of residence please.....

Sam: do you really need 10 sludgies to torture lenard with

Max: no, i want to throw them off the freeway overpass onto passing cars so they all start crashing and piling up in slow motion....... like in the matrix

Sam: you crack me up little buddy

Bosco: you always say that......
  • edited May 2007
    What would I do to keep a mass of game coders, artists, writers, and staffers happy? Well, first I would organize a company meeting. Then I would tell them that if they didn't help me make sure they were having fun at work, that I would fire them because they're useless.

Thennnnn I'd disregard any illegal or unproductive suggestions, and then impliment the others. :D I'd also buy them all the junk food they wanted on Monday's and Fridays, and there would be free unlimited deluxe coffee/tea/cappucino. :)
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    If I were given control of an entire game company, I'd hand over the reins to someone much more qualified than I am, provided that they'd let me do lots of design and/or programming.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Trampoline Tuesdays.
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    1st idea: No deadlines! No overtime! Big raises!..... Bankrupt!-> everybody unhappy!
    Failed!
    2nd idea: Severe deadlines, overtime (probably unpaid) and NO raises-> everybody unhappy!
    Failed!
    3rd idea: Hire someone with ideas*. It may fail but then I can fire him (or her) and blame the unhapiness to the failed idea(s). And we go back to square one, everyone happy (for the moment). Apply 3rd idea again.
    Success!

* Ideas include: casual Fridays, Trampoline Tuesdays, Tiki Tuesdays, nap time, ...
  • edited May 2007
    Relaxed working hours. As long as they do actually come in frequently, hours don't matter.

Breaks when they feel like it. Of course, there'd have to be enough TVs and game consoles to accommodate everyone. Hell some arcade machines would kick ass.

Fully kitted kitchen where employees can cook their own food. (seems cooler than having a boring canteen)

Everyone is involved with everything. Sure, it isn't direct happiness, but anyone being able to give creative input in any game at any time gives a relaxed and restraint free feel, which keeps people in a good mood.. Say, a coder feels like making a map, he does it. If a mapper feels like trying out some lines for the characters, he can go and do it.

And, of course, Tiki Tuesdays. And Office tours for visitors! And rave breaks!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.