Park Map, InGen Badges, only for Deluxe??? :(

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I have a PS3, so naturally I cannot buy the Deluxe version of JP The Game because the deluxe version is only available through Mac, PC and Xbox.

I want to buy the Ingen badges and park map, along with other JP goodies...will you guys at telltale be selling them in your store?

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I can't speak for Telltale, as I'm only a loyal customer (since September 2005) and not an employee, but in the past, Telltale has never made the bonus items from the Deluxe Editions (Tales of Monkey Island - out of print - and Back to the Future: The Game) available separately.
  • edited November 2011
    Actually theirs no Deluxe Edition for Xbox 360, if it makes you feel any better :(
  • edited November 2011
    I have a PS3, so naturally I cannot buy the Deluxe version of JP The Game

This is wholly incorrect. Your ownership of a PS3 does not mean you cannot buy the PC/Mac Deluxe box to get the goodies. I have two PS3s and I still bought the Deluxe Box.
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    I can't speak for Telltale, as I'm only a loyal customer (since September 2005) and not an employee, but in the past, Telltale has never made the bonus items from the Deluxe Editions (Tales of Monkey Island - out of print - and Back to the Future: The Game) available separately.

I do recall TTG briefly having the Sam & Max Season 2 case files for sale separately. Unfortunately they sold out, so I don't think I'll be getting a full collection of those time cards.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    I do recall TTG briefly having the Sam & Max Season 2 case files for sale separately. Unfortunately they sold out, so I don't think I'll be getting a full collection of those time cards.
    You are correct, but the case files (for both seasons) were always a separate item and not a part of a Deluxe Edition.
    For more information about the case files, click here for season one and here for season two.
  • edited November 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    This is wholly incorrect. Your ownership of a PS3 does not mean you cannot buy the PC/Mac Deluxe box to get the goodies. I have two PS3s and I still bought the Deluxe Box.

Why would I buy the game for PC/Mac if my PC cannot play the game? Thats idiotic. Telltale wants to sap all the money from the JP fans hoping they will buy multiple versions of the game to get all the goodies.

That is super lame.
  • edited November 2011
    Considering that TellTale is primarily a PC-gaming company, of course their special goodies are going to favor PC gamers.
  • edited November 2011
    Why would I buy the game for PC/Mac if my PC cannot play the game? Thats idiotic. Telltale wants to sap all the money from the JP fans hoping they will buy multiple versions of the game to get all the goodies.

That is super lame.

I don't think that is the case. Tell Tale like Steam gets a great majority of its fan base from people who play the games through a PC. Since this is a Direct Download site it will appeal more to PC users than console users. That doesn't mean PS3 or 360 owners won't buy the games I just believe they probably sell more to PC users. I would imagine Adventure games on a whole are played more on PC's than anything else and have been since they were in existence. I think Telltale is just trying to use the Deluxe Editions for its primary gamer. Don't feel bad if there is a Deluxe edition of a PSN or XBL game we won't get that using a PC.

Just don't take it personal. I think the person above was just saying you could buy the PC version just to get the extras if you wanted them bad enough and possibly they could be bought as a gift (not sure if gifting exist on here or not) and you could keep the extras and gift the game to someone with a PC that can handle the game.
  • edited November 2011
    True.

Anyway, right now I just want to play the bloody game!
  • edited November 2011

That is super lame.

...You wouldn't be buying the Deluxe box for the game; you'd be buying it for the goodies. That's hardly idiotic if you value the merch enough to pay for it. Also, making outrageous claims of TTG's business goals is not helping your case.
  • edited November 2011
    I didn't claim anything.

It would be nice for a company that has already delayed a game months, to release said heavily anticipated game on schedule.

Why weren't they working all last weekend and yesterday to make sure launch day goes off without a hitch? I cannot answer this. If I was in charge, and already delayed the game months, releasing the game on time would be top priority.

Sadly, it looks like opening day at Jurassic Park...won't be happening. What a surprise :cool:
  • edited November 2011
    I didn't claim anything.

It would be nice for a company that has already delayed a game months, to release said heavily anticipated game on schedule.

Why weren't they working all last weekend and yesterday to make sure launch day goes off without a hitch? I cannot answer this. If I was in charge, and already delayed the game months, releasing the game on time would be top priority.

Sadly, it looks like opening day at Jurassic Park...won't be happening. What a surprise :cool:

For the billionth time today...it will be released November 15th, TellTale time! Before 6PM in their time zone. It's NOT delayed, there are no "hitches".

Also, you're getting the PS3 version. The release of the PS3 version has nothing, and I mean absolutely NOTHING, to do with TellTale's scheduling. Instead, the "blame" would rest on Sony.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.