I bought it on Steam, why can't I download it.

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Okay so it's available on telltale? What about us Steam folks?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    It'll probably be up soon. It showed up on iTunes store for iPad about an hour ago; and just showed up for me about 10 minutes ago on this site for PC.
  • edited November 2011
    Ofnir wrote: »
    It'll probably be up soon. It showed up on iTunes store for iPad about an hour ago; and just showed up for me about 10 minutes ago on this site for PC.

for deluxe is it jurassic park commentary?
  • edited November 2011
    Garbage.
  • edited November 2011
    for deluxe is it jurassic park commentary?

As per the other thread you asked in, the commentary will be on the DVD.
  • edited November 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    As per the other thread you asked in, the commentary will be on the DVD.

but it shows ity as one of the download links as well as the soundtrack, but that is the only two:confused:
  • edited November 2011
    You should be seeing it now, Bloodkiller.
  • edited November 2011
    You should be seeing it now, Bloodkiller.

kk thanks
  • edited November 2011
    Mine is showing mine as a gift code to give away for my game and the soundtrack/commentary files to download. I pre-ordered the deluxe edition. Please someone help me out here.
  • edited November 2011
    If you're seeing a gift code, it's because you chose the gift option during checkout. You can redeem the code for your own account at http://www.telltalegames.com/gifts
  • edited November 2011
    Don't think I clicked it during checkout, but knowing I can use it for my own account is very helpful, thank you Micheal Parks internet hero!
  • edited November 2011
    mnickerson over at Valve said that the Steam version will be launching in a couple minutes.

Since I got the game gifted to me through the Gaming.StackExchange Game Grant (which has Steam as one of its two "easy" options), I don't have it through TellTale.

Edit: It launched. If you're still seeing the preorder version in your Steam list, restart Steam.
  • edited November 2011
    Right if you bought the game on Steam, and you had the same problem I did, just restart steam.

Basically, I bought the game, and the store page acted as if I never bought it. And when it unlocked, all it said was "Play Now" and nothing happened.

After I restarted Steam, I clicked Play Now and now it's downloading.

Gonna take over an hour to download. Boo. Its 1am here. ;P
  • edited November 2011
    Kranitoko wrote: »
    Right if you bought the game on Steam, and you had the same problem I did, just restart steam.

Basically, I bought the game, and the store page acted as if I never bought it. And when it unlocked, all it said was "Play Now" and nothing happened.

After I restarted Steam, I clicked Play Now and now it's downloading.

Gonna take over an hour to download. Boo. Its 1am here. ;P

Basically, Steam uses a different game ID for the preorder placeholder than it does the final game. Which means, the copy in your game list doesn't auto-refresh... I had to restart Steam to get the normal version to show up.
  • edited November 2011
    Powerlord wrote: »
    Basically, Steam uses a different game ID for the preorder placeholder than it does the final game. Which means, the copy in your game list doesn't auto-refresh... I had to restart Steam to get the normal version to show up.

That is the correct answer.

Now I know that this will happen with Batman Arkham City (same thing seems to be happening with Arkham City too, so yeah)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.