Jurassic Park map design problems

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I really don't mean to pick nits here, but there are some inconsistencies with how Telltale designed the Park map that bug me. The Triceratops paddock, which if you look on Telltale's map is near the bottom of the island, should be next to the Tyrannosaur paddock near the top, as it was in the movie. Also, the gallamimus pen is incorrectly placed by Telltale near the very bottom; if that were really the case, Grant and the kids would likely not have crossed paths with them in the movie in their quest to get back to the visitor center.

The only reason I take issue with these "problems" is that if Telltale studied the movie even somewhat closely they would have noticed this. What else are they taking liberties with in their quest to "recreate" the film experience?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    costanzojt wrote: »
    I really don't mean to pick nits here, but there are some inconsistencies with how Telltale designed the Park map that bug me. The Triceratops paddock, which if you look on Telltale's map is near the bottom of the island, should be next to the Tyrannosaur paddock near the top, as it was in the movie. Also, the gallamimus pen is incorrectly placed by Telltale near the very bottom; if that were really the case, Grant and the kids would likely not have crossed paths with them in the movie in their quest to get back to the visitor center.

The only reason I take issue with these "problems" is that if Telltale studied the movie even somewhat closely they would have noticed this. What else are they taking liberties with in their quest to "recreate" the film experience?
    You've had several week and months to bring this up and you decide to bring it up now!? For the most part the Game version of Isla Nublar is like it's movie counterpart, but obviously due to game design and or artistic license they decided to differ in some areas.
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    costanzojt wrote: »

The Triceratop icon doesn't denote a paddock-- the interior of the island is a large free-roaming grazing area where the herbivores are allowed to intermingle and are kept separate from the smaller predator fenced areas.

The map represents corrections for a proto-phase II Jurassic Park where the dino icons reflect where the herbivores tend to congregate and a more up to date account of which dinosaurs will be featured in which parts of the park.

Many of the corrections came from studying the park in the movie and making the map reflect some aspects of the fiction more accurately as well as accommodate our own new aspects of the park.

Give us a little credit here-- all three of the movies lived on my desktop for research purposes throughout the entire production cycle. I've probably watched Jurassic Park more often, now, than most of my personal favorite films. We even added in the watering hole from the beginning of the movie to the map and adjusted the roads and fences leading toward the Dilophosaur area to help make the park geography gel a bit better with Nedry's flight.
  • edited November 2011
    Sinaz20 wrote: »
    The Triceratop icon doesn't denote a paddock-- the interior of the island is a large free-roaming grazing area where the herbivores are allowed to intermingle and are kept separate from the smaller predator fenced areas.

The map represents corrections for a proto-phase II Jurassic Park where the dino icons reflect where the herbivores tend to congregate and a more up to date account of which dinosaurs will be featured in which parts of the park.

Many of the corrections came from studying the park in the movie and making the map reflect some aspects of the fiction more accurately as well as accommodate our own new aspects of the park.

Give us a little credit here-- all three of the movies lived on my desktop for research purposes throughout the entire production cycle. I've probably watched Jurassic Park more often, now, than most of my personal favorite films. We even added in the watering hole from the beginning of the movie to the map and adjusted the roads and fences leading toward the Dilophosaur area to help make the park geography gel a bit better with Nedry's flight.

1M8
  • edited November 2011
    Sinaz20 wrote: »

340x.gif
  • edited November 2011
    ydn68.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.