Specific dinosaurs I wanted to see

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I wish there was other dinos like metricanthosaurus and proceratosaur but I guess thats it.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    The park was still in creation at the time; it's very possible (considering as well the fact that all the dilos are juveniles) that none of those species had been shipped over from Isla Sorna yet but were planned to be included in the park.
  • edited November 2011
    Just a quick question to all who completed the game:

Where there any Brachiosaurus or Gallimimus in the game? At least in the background?
  • edited November 2011
    Gallimimus isn't mentioned at all, Brachiosaur calls are heard in the background in one scene, but you never see them.
  • edited November 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Just a quick question to all who completed the game:

Where there any Brachiosaurus or Gallimimus in the game? At least in the background?

Brachiosaurus had an audio nod, Gallimimus was a no show. This was due to the fact that most of the game was centered from East Docks, in land to the Visitor's Center then up North to the North Dock. The map shows the Helipad and Galli's towards the South end of the island. The Brach's made sense because of it's centrality to East Dock, Triceratops, and the Visitor's Center.

Of course it came down to the "resource budget" for the game, and modeling Gallis for a small glance scene for the Harding's on the way to East Dock was just not justifiable. The Brachiosaurus would have taken a lot of resources, again for just a small appearance. The main focus of the game was to feature action dinosaurs that could be pinnacle to the gameplay, it's just not very actiony to encounter those dinosaurs as they are for the most part not threatening dinosaurs. The best threat I can think of is a stampede, but I think the carnivore dinosaurs were a lot more thrilling.
  • edited November 2011
    Hmm, kind of a bummer. Jurassic Park needs as much of unthreatening awe-dinosaur moments as it needs action. The could at least make very simple models in the far background, wouldnt be that resource consuming.
  • edited November 2011
    Save the stampede QTEs for the sequel!! :D
  • edited November 2011
    Metricanthosaurus and Baryonyx for me.
  • edited November 2011
    I don't know why, but one of my favorite scenes was the Brachiosaur call scene. I thought it was so beautiful. Their cries are amazing. I fell in love with all the characters except Yoder.
  • edited November 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »
    I don't know why, but one of my favorite scenes was the Brachiosaur call scene. I thought it was so beautiful. Their cries are amazing. I fell in love with all the characters except Yoder.

which scene in which episode can they be heard?
  • edited November 2011
    maybe the ingen field guide included in the deluxe edition will feature some of the missing dinos.
  • edited November 2011
    harry.246 wrote: »
    which scene in which episode can they be heard?

Nima and Gerry having a "bonding" talk about their troubles, struggles in life. There's a beautiful sky surrounding them and you can hear the brachiosaur sounds. I believe it is around the beginning of episode 4 that this happens.
  • edited November 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    Nima and Gerry having a "bonding" talk about their troubles, struggles in life. There's a beautiful sky surrounding them and you can hear the brachiosaur sounds. I believe it is around the beginning of episode 4 that this happens.
    Unless of course you decided to just skip that whole dialogue sequence to move on.
  • edited November 2011
    I thought this was a game glitch at first. You can hear the brachiosaurs, and there's wide shots of the characters gazing into a large open field, but there is nothing there, just a big empty space. There are clearly meant to be brachiosaurs there, but for some reason they got taken out (or never put in). I wish Telltale would release a patch or something to put the brachiosaurs back in that scene; this is the one part of the game that felt unfinished and disappointing to me.
  • edited November 2011
    I thought this was a game glitch at first. You can hear the brachiosaurs, and there's wide shots of the characters gazing into a large open field, but there is nothing there, just a big empty space. There are clearly meant to be brachiosaurs there, but for some reason they got taken out (or never put in). I wish Telltale would release a patch or something to put the brachiosaurs back in that scene; this is the one part of the game that felt unfinished and disappointing to me.

I completely agree! I seriously waited and waited. I thought if I kept the conversation with nima going I they would eventually show up atleast in silhoutte form in the background. In retrospect, if telltale couldn't fit them in their animation budget I'm glad we atleast heard them in the background...
  • edited November 2011
    In the commentary they were talking about having an Allosaurus in the game.... WHY???
  • edited November 2011
    Would of taken too much resources... They had a set amount for the game and continually had to cut things to fit that limit. If you have the commentary you'd hear that time and again.
  • edited November 2011
    Resources...they could put them at least in the background....having an empty field, is...dissapointing? :(
  • edited November 2011
    I would had liked to have seen Baryonyx attempt to attack the chopper after the Hadrosaurus scene, it would have been a nice. You think it's T-Rex (again <_<) but nope..Chuck Testa I mean Baryonyx
  • edited November 2011
    veki wrote: »
    Resources...they could put them at least in the background....having an empty field, is...dissapointing? :(

To have them, they would have had to create a model for the Brachiosaur. Even just the head and neck would have cost them money.
  • edited November 2011
    In the commentary they were talking about having an Allosaurus in the game.... WHY???

Because Telltale obviously didn't do their homework, like putting Troodon in the game.

I wanted to see all 15 species known to be on Isla Nublar, and that's it.
  • edited November 2011
    Baryonyx.
  • edited November 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    Baryonyx.

^^This.
  • edited November 2011
    maybe the ingen field guide included in the deluxe edition will feature some of the missing dinos.
    It will, IN COLOR!!! :D It'll have 16 more pages than the one in the game and will include Brachiosaurus and Gallimimus at the very least.
  • edited November 2011

Because Allosaurus is a very popular dinosaur. I would've loved to have seen one, it's one of my favorites.
    Oviraptor wrote: »
    Because Telltale obviously didn't do their homework, like putting Troodon in the game.

I wanted to see all 15 species known to be on Isla Nublar, and that's it.

How did they not do their homework?? Troodon was confirmed to NOT be one of the 15 because the entire species was supposed to be euthanized.

And there was no way all 15 would've been in the game. Show some common sense. TellTale doesn't have the money for 15 separate and distinct dinosaur models.
  • edited November 2011
    But again, only a neck of brachiosaurus would be a nice touch...or silhouettes of animals int the distance...not sure if they would need model for that...perhaps they can implement this in first patch ;)
    One can dream, right?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.