Problem Installing CSI: 3 Dimensions Of Murder

edited October 2008 in Game Support
Just got CSI:3DOM for my birthday today but it won't install.Instead the CD keeps attempting to load until Windows Explorer crashes. Nothing appears on the screen.I suspect it may be a conflict with my DVD.

My system meets the system requirements as far as I know:-

Windows XP Professional
Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz processor
2Gb of RAM
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Sound Card
DirectX 9.0c
Liteon SOHW-812S DVD Writer
560GB Hard Drive Space
Windows Keyboard & Logitech Mouse
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB Graphics card

My wife purchased this for me from Game in the Trafford Centre so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my money back so hopefully I can get it to work.

Can anyone help please?

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2006
    It sounds like something's wrong with the CD. Do you see any scratches or marks on it?

Try it in another drive or computer, if possible, and see if it works there.
  • edited August 2006
    Checked the CD and there were no scratches, fingerprints, dirt etc.

My DVD drive is OK as I am currently using it with Lara Croft: Legend and that works fine.One thing I did notice was a clicking noise from the drive as if it was struggling to access the CSI DVD.

Used the Gamespot System Requirements test which said my system should have no problem playing it.

Unfortunately, I don't have a second PC to try it out on.

I downloaded the demo of the game from the internet and that works fine.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2006
    Sorry to say it sounds like a problem with the disk. :(
  • edited October 2008
    ttguser wrote: »
    Just got CSI:3DOM for my birthday today but it won't install.Instead the CD keeps attempting to load until Windows Explorer crashes. Nothing appears on the screen.I suspect it may be a conflict with my DVD.

My system meets the system requirements as far as I know:-

Windows XP Professional
    Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz processor
    2Gb of RAM
    Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Sound Card
    DirectX 9.0c
    Liteon SOHW-812S DVD Writer
    560GB Hard Drive Space
    Windows Keyboard & Logitech Mouse
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB Graphics card

My wife purchased this for me from Game in the Trafford Centre so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get my money back so hopefully I can get it to work.

Can anyone help please?

when it gets stuck just leave it for a good while eventually you will be able to move on and install the next bit, just don't mess around with it untill then ok
This discussion has been closed.