[JP] Help loading game.

edited November 2011 in Game Support
Every time I load the game I get an error message saying, "Could not load game. Make sure you are running the application from the directory it was installed to".

What does this mean?

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Sounds like it can't find some of the files it needs. Have you tried reinstalling?
  • edited November 2011
    Also, my virus scanner says it's blocking a keylogger. When I allow the games access on my firewall, or turn off the virus software, it doesn't help.
  • edited November 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Sounds like it can't find some of the files it needs. Have you tried reinstalling?

Twice, with no luck.
  • edited November 2011
    may sound like a dumb question but... did you move anything from where the game was installed?
    edited November 2011
    Can you try turning off your virus scanner, then reinstalling? The antivirus software might be automatically removing a vital file.
  • edited November 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Can you try turning off your virus scanner, then reinstalling? The antivirus software might be automatically removing a vital file.

Just tried this, didn't work.

EDIT: Finally got it working. I unziped the file again with the virus scanner off and it worked. Thanks for all your help.
    edited November 2011
    Yay! Thanks for letting us know.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2011
    jpark_08 wrote: »
    EDIT: Finally got it working. I unziped the file again with the virus scanner off and it worked. Thanks for all your help.

Would you please tell us what virus scanner caused the problem?
    It might be useful to know.
This discussion has been closed.