PC version not downloading

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Anyone else expieriencing this problem?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    yes me and its really annoying
  • edited November 2011
    I click the mac version and it pops up but I have a Dell PC. Any clue why ours won't work?
  • edited November 2011
    no idea i have unlimited broadband so should download in like 50 mins
  • edited November 2011
    I'm having the same problem. It's not working for me either. The download won't start for the PC version.
  • edited November 2011
    mine starts but then stops at 19.9mb happened 3 times now
  • edited November 2011
    was wondering if it was a uk problem but since one of you is in NY then it cant be
  • edited November 2011
    I'm in New Mexico, USA
  • edited November 2011
    Its called a busy download server. As everyone is trying to download the bandwidth is getting locked up.
  • edited November 2011
    so that rules out that its a server problem in the UK, might just be due to no of people trying to dl it at the same time
  • edited November 2011
    The problem is the download button isn't working
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    If the download starts but is cutting out partway through, it's more likely to be a bandwidth/server issue. You could try using a download manager if it's a problem to keep re-downloading part of the file again and again.
    WesMote44 wrote: »
    The problem is the download button isn't working

Did I see in another thread that the download started for you in IE, then cut out?
  • edited November 2011
    No it didn't cut out, it just finished at 736bytes. I have broadband DSL, the best in New Mexico, so it's not that. Plus all the other games download fine. Plus now on IE, it isn't starting anymore.
  • edited November 2011
    So its a busy server if the download screen wont even pop up?
  • edited November 2011
    That can happen yes, if the bandwidth is entirely eaten up and it can't get a query through at all it wouldn't be able to initiate the download.
  • edited November 2011
    We're not able to reproduce the issue here, but it's being looked into.
  • edited November 2011
    So what do I do, just wait?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    For now, yep. Nothing to stop you from retrying every now and again though.
  • edited November 2011
    Just putting in my two cents.

I'm getting another issue entirely with the PC version; I'm currently at college and, of course, access the internet through my school's routers. When I click on the PC download link for JP I get brought to a page where the school tells me they think the file is a virus and refuses to allow me to download it.

Here's the kicker though; the Mac version doesn't appear to have this problem, and I was able to download the Commentary and the Soundtrack perfectly fine. It's ONLY the PC version which is, apparently, a virus.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.