JP Bluray code not giving me a DL button

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I didn't see anyone else make a thread about this issue, so here it is. I haven't ordered/pre-ordered the game since my pay checks have been all weird lately. However I picked up the JP Blu Ray ultimate pack when it came out and I got a code to download episode 1. I logged in, entered the code. The game is showing up in My Games section, however it's not giving me a button to download the game. Anyone else having a similar issue regard the JP BluRay code?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Yeah I was just about to make a thread on this. It says:

"Use your Telltale username and password to unlock this game!"

But doesn't give anywhere to put that in. I am not really sure what it is asking for since I am already logged into my account and looking at 'my games'.
  • edited November 2011
    It isn't an error. The free game is not out yet.

There was a several week delay for those who got free BttF codes, as well. Telltale will let you know when the free games can be redeemed.
  • edited November 2011
    TBH, that's bullcrap, and false advertising between TT and Universal. No where on the slip with the code from Universal, nor on TT's website does it say that anyone using that code has to wait a few weeks before being able to play after spending $70 on overpriced bluray discs.
  • edited November 2011
    You're right, it doesn't say when, however you would think they would that into the offer of "You know, when we give them this, they're going to want it on release day, and probably won't be happy/satisfied as a consumer if it's not available." So unless anyone who is using that code is a patient gamer (which is a verrrry slim chance of that being the case), they're going to have to pay an addition $30 to play today.
  • edited November 2011
    It also does not say when you can get the free game, either, right? There's no false advertising. You get a free copy of episode 1, just not on release day.

Yeah, not exactly.

We're thrilled that you've chosen to become a part of our community. Your digital copy of Jurassic Park Episode 1: The Intruder will be available to download on November 15th. Don't worry, we'll send you a reminder and instructions.
  • edited November 2011
    OK, I agree that's pretty lame. I guess I won't purchase any of their games if their going to do things like this.
  • edited November 2011
    I agree with xXChevalierXx.
    Seriously I hate how uninformed this whole site works.
  • edited November 2011
    The game was only just released, there is a good chance Telltale are working out all the kinks for the paying customers first before working to make the free passes available. I'd be very surprised if there was a multi-week delay with the free episode for JP. With BttF it actually made sense to only make the free episode available after the second episode was released, otherwise there would be no incentive for people to buy the season after they finished the free episode because there wouldn't be any immediate return, just the promise of another episode in a months time. (God I hope that makes sense.)

With Jurassic Park all the episodes are already out so there is no real reason for Telltale to hold back access to the free one for very long. But then again I'm just speculating. Hopefully it will be ready for you guys soon.
  • edited November 2011
    It also does not say when you can get the free game, either, right? There's no false advertising. You get a free copy of episode 1, just not on release day.

Wrong it is false advertising. The email I received when I entered my blu ray code says...

"We're thrilled that you've chosen to become a part of our community. Your digital copy of Jurassic Park Episode 1: The Intruder will be available to download on November 15th. Don't worry, we'll send you a reminder and instructions."

I have been waiting all day to get my hands on this and I am very disappointed. Hope it comes out soon!!
  • edited November 2011
    Your 100% right sadly :(
  • edited November 2011
    It's still November 15th where Telltale are. It's not false advertising yet.
  • edited November 2011
    haha well lets see what happens :)
    They just HAAAAD to make an amazing game and tease us :'(
  • edited November 2011
    I apologize, but we're not expecting to have that file available until tomorrow, the 16'th. It will definitely be up before the end of the business today tomorrow. You should get an email once the file is available for download, and I apologize for the delay.
  • edited November 2011
    Perfect, thank you for the info :)
  • edited November 2011
    I apologize, but we're not expecting to have that file available until tomorrow, the 16'th. It will definitely be up before the end of the business today tomorrow. You should get an email once the file is available for download, and I apologize for the delay.

Awesome as long as it isn't a 3 week thing then I am all happy. I guess I can't complain about getting a free episode of an amazing game for a set I was going to buy no matter what. Heres hoping I love it so much i get all the rest! Rooting for this one!! :D
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks for clearing that up, Michael. Remember guys, those of us in grey are volunteer forum moderators, NOT employees- we clean up the forums, and typically only can answer questions based on prior experience like the BttF free game release.

I'm super glad you will all get to try JP tomorrow!
  • edited November 2011
    It definitely won't be a weeks-long delay for the free version of Ep.1. We're testing it right now, with the goal of having it live by the end of today.
  • edited November 2011
    I am also waiting on the game to work.
  • edited November 2011
    It definitely won't be a weeks-long delay for the free version of Ep.1. We're testing it right now, with the goal of having it live by the end of today.

Keep going boys! Get her done!! :)
  • edited November 2011
    Oh boy!!!! :D
  • edited November 2011
    Thirty minutes until the end of business on day two. Lol.
  • edited November 2011
    Thirty minutes until the end of business on day two. Lol.

hahaha
  • edited November 2011
    End of business :P It's ok though. I got Saints Row The Third to keep me company. But dammit, I got a soft spot in my heart of hearts for some dinosaur carnage! It'd be damn nice to give episode one a shot before I buy this, don't see myself hating it but money's tight. Christmas and all that. :)
  • edited November 2011
    I really want to try this first episode to see how it plays on my PC before I decide on either the 360 version or the Deluxe PC version. Gah, the wait!
  • edited November 2011
    well that was a fail :( Hopes are diminishing. Maybe tomorrow?
  • edited November 2011
    Any update on this yet Telltale?
  • edited November 2011
    Apparently they're fixing an issue with it. I'm assuming it's the repeating dialogue problem that's at the beginning of the game. It's only a couple lines, but to put this out as their example...with people thinking it reoccurs throughout the game, would not go over well. The sticky thread up at the top has an edit last night about them fixing something.
  • edited November 2011
    Ah. Indeed. Didn't see that sticky there. Thanks for pointing me to it.
  • edited November 2011
    Is it still not available yet? Damn, I want to play it already lol.
  • edited November 2011
    Agreed. Still no new update either.
  • edited November 2011
    It finally comes up and.... the Mac version isn't out yet :( man the wait is killing me. Got so excited when the Download button showed up. Guess Ill keep on a waiting!
  • edited November 2011
    eagle1 wrote: »
    It finally comes up and.... the Mac version isn't out yet :( man the wait is killing me. Got so excited when the Download button showed up. Guess Ill keep on a waiting!

awe... be patient its worth the wait.. its a really fun adventure. I feel your pain though.
  • edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    awe... be patient its worth the wait.. its a really fun adventure. I feel your pain though.

But Zelda comes out tomorrow. I really wanted to play this today so I could play Zelda tomorrow. its 4 days late now and counting :(
  • edited November 2011
    I know what you are talking about... Zelda will be taking up a lot of my time too.
  • edited November 2011
    According to Michael the free episode is available now.
  • edited November 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    According to Michael the free episode is available now.

Not the mac version.... man this is taking an insane amount of time. Been 5 days now.
  • edited November 2011
    eagle1 wrote: »
    Not the mac version.... man this is taking an insane amount of time. Been 5 days now.

Finally its up! Downloading!:D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.